cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no mobile data

splash60
Contributor
Contributor

I am in first month with ee and still have no mobile data. Not an area problem as cant access anywhere, it's a 4g phone on a 5g network and been told that's not an issue. All phones settings are correct. Cant understand what the issue is. Have we just not connected me. Normal phone and texting is ok

11 REPLIES 11
bristolian
Legend
Legend

To use 5G services needs a 5G phone, with a 5G-enabled plan in a 5G area. If any of these fail, you will always use 4G as standard.

What happens when you try to use mobile data? Has data ever worked on this phone? Presumably you can use internet-based functions over WiFi?

Wifi works perfectly. Mobile data just shows 0gb of 10gb used after 3 weeks 

Data has worked previously on phone before using ee 

nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hello @splash60,

I noticed your question about whether EE has successfully connected you. While @bristolian might have more in-depth knowledge, I'd like to offer my understanding. Essentially, if you're able to make and receive calls and texts, it indicates that EE has indeed connected you.

However, I'm curious about the specific issue you're facing with data access. Could you let me know the make and model of your device? This information could be helpful in addressing your concerns more effectively.

Thanks!

Thanks it's a Samsung Galaxy s8

In that case, I suggest performing a network settings reset to potentially resolve your issue.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Navigate to Settings on your device.
  2. Select General Management.
  3. Tap on Reset.
  4. Choose Reset network settings.

Please be aware that this action will erase all your current network settings, including saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, and any customised network preferences.

If this step does not resolve your problem, I recommend reaching out for further assistance. You can contact EE's technical support by calling 150 and selecting option 1 to speak with a Tech Guide who can provide more specific guidance.

Thanks I tried this earlier today and it didn't work

I would reach out to the Tech Guides by calling 150 and option 1.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're using the same Android phone on EE as a previous network, it may well not have the EE-specific config installed.

Try reinstalling the data-setup using https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/index.html