cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Plan capped at 100Mbps/60Mbps

Keith_N
Explorer

I have been enjoying 4GEE at great speeds since EE upgraded my local mast, regularly getting over 200Mbps  (I'm line of sight and 990m away from the mast).  Seemed great.  Then like a fool I changed my plan (an old expensive 500Gb plan) to a new Unlimited (and supposedly uncapped) plan, however since the plan change I am now never getting past 100Mbps and regularly sitting at 60Mbps.  The terms of the contract state Unlimited plans are Uncapped, however this is clearly not the case. and a quick search of these forums reveals other users having the same experience (change plan, get capped).  It appears to be called a "no frills" plan, but it doesn't say that in the terms (I've rechecked, it clearly says all Unlimited plans are Uncapped).

Anyone know how to get an EE rep to explain why this is happening and correct it ? I get a "You have reached 100% of your data limit" text 5-10 days into each billing period, and I've had it confirmed by EE that I'm on unlimited data and I never run out, but clearly the speed cap is really annoying having enjoyed the much higher speeds.  Frankly they are breaking their own contract terms here. Online chat is no help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Exactly what Plan are you on?, you can confirm this by looking at your MyEE Web Login or or using the EE App.

If you are on a No Frills Plan then you are doing well to get 60 to 100Mbs DL Speeds, see below -

No Frills Plans = Speeds of up to 25Mbps

Essentials Plans = Speeds of up to 100Mbps

Essentials Unlimited Max, All Rounder and Full Works  = Uncapped Speeds

But, on Unlimited Data Plans that are Uncapped Full Speeds, your Speeds will probably be reduced once you hit the 600gb Data FUP untill your next Monthly Refresh Date, when your Speeds become Uncapped again. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Exactly what Plan are you on?, you can confirm this by looking at your MyEE Web Login or or using the EE App.

If you are on a No Frills Plan then you are doing well to get 60 to 100Mbs DL Speeds, see below -

No Frills Plans = Speeds of up to 25Mbps

Essentials Plans = Speeds of up to 100Mbps

Essentials Unlimited Max, All Rounder and Full Works  = Uncapped Speeds

But, on Unlimited Data Plans that are Uncapped Full Speeds, your Speeds will probably be reduced once you hit the 600gb Data FUP untill your next Monthly Refresh Date, when your Speeds become Uncapped again. 

@Keith_N   @EssexBoyEE   Doing extremely well as no frills plans are 10Mbps they used to be 25Mbps.    And you can have an unlimited data allowance on a No Frills or an Essentials tariff they just cost less as you are not getting unlimited speeds you just getting an unlimited allowance.    

Keith_N
Explorer

So its an Essential Unlimited.  When I chose it I looked all over for any limits and the only thing I could find was the "unlimited plans are uncapped" statements which are in several places on the website.  I can see now in the full terms&conditions PDF (which is never actually linked to the plan anywhere) that its a 100Mbps cap.  Very misleading way of setting up their terms as the very firm statement that all Unlimited plans are uncapped is clearly untrue.  And when comparing the two plans (Essentials Unlimited versus Essentials Max Unlimited) it would have been good to have that key difference made visible.  

Thanks for your comments - can't mark you both as Solution but you are both correct.  Top marks for you, low marks for EE.

shawnyboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Fair Usage Policy is a joke.

Username5025
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Who needs over 100mps for a mobile lmao. My whole household works efficiently off 50mps and that’s tvs, consoles, smart devices, home working etc, etc. lmao