cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to gift data

Samuel_TD
Explorer

Hi all, 

On the 13th Jan 23 I gifted myself 20GB and my daughter 30GB from our unlimited sim that is in our home router to our Mobil phone accounts. (have done this every month for at least 8 months).

For the last 5 days I have tried to gift my daughter a further 10gb but the app and website will not let me, it says as I have under 550mb left and I can not gift! I know unlimited works by giving you chunks of GB at a time but this does not seem to be getting reset. In the end I have gifted her 5GB from my account.

The problem is, on the 13th she will only have 1GB and I still have to give her some of my 10GB but that's not a good solution!!

Is anyone having the same issue??? 

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Samuel_TD 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you’re on a unlimited plan you can gift up to 100GB of data or 120GB if you’re on a 5G smart handset plan. 

This will be the first 100/120GB and any data usage will reduce your giftable allowance. This would reset on the next bill date for you. 

Leanne. 

Hi, 

Did you actually read my post? rather just reply in a whim? The system is not working and causing problems.

Maybe read people's posts properly before replying. 

Thank you

Toby 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you have not used the remaining giftable data after the first transfer, please call us on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you @Samuel_TD 

Leanne.