Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel data pass and Roam

Chris-11
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Constantly having issues with trying to enable things by texting 150.  I don't get a response for TRAVEL and have no idea if the pass is on or off.  ROAM gives me a generic resposne.  Nothing shows in my app dashboard for any of this.

How do I know if it's working or not or do I just wait for a massive bill and then argue?

Currently waiting to board the flight so this should be interesting....

17 REPLIES 17
SteveWelburn
Investigator
Investigator

Logged into my EE account. There is no menu. Just Invoices and payments or Plans & subscriptions option and data remaining screen.

I have been told I should have text passport to 150 before I left for Melbourne from the UK. EE 150 have sent me a text whilst in Melbourne requesting I text them or call them. Unable to do so as I do not have a signal because although 55gb remaining I am unable to make or receive calls. Just going around in circles. 

Regards

Steve

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SteveWelburn

Are you logged into your My EE account online? 

If this is not showing, you would need to call us from any other phone to get roaming set up. You can call us on +44 7953 966 250.

Leanne.

@SteveWelburn : If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your online MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. via Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'm not sure people are really understanding the issue here.

I, and @SteveWelburn , are completely aware of all the stuff on the website.  I know that roam is not a pass, etc etc.

The problem here is that the stuff doesn't work.  EE told me my roam was on, yet sure enough I didn't get a message when I arrived, I wasn't able to buy any roaming data, I sent the messages again and nothing.  It is pathetic.

So, I bought a Viettel local SIM card.  $16 for unlimited data for a month.  That will do me and was way easier than trying to get any help from EE, who would have happily left me with no Google maps or anything on the other side of the world.

Time to change to a different network I think....

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry that your roaming feature wasn't working as it should have been, @Chris-11

It may be worth giving us a call when you're back so that we can look into why this happened.

Chris

Cookee
Visitor

I have a travel data pass but the link to tell me which countries it works in doesn't work! I'm going to Antigua - anyone know if it works there? Thanks!

@Cookee : No. It's not included in the list in EE Roaming | Travel Data Pass :

How much will the data travel pass cost me?

Countries are grouped into three zones

£5.48 a day for 500MB
  • USA
  • Canada

£6.85 a day for 500MB
  • Australia 
  • China
  • India
  • Mexico    
  • New Zealand
  • South Africa      
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • UAE

£6.85 a day for 150MB
  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Bangladesh
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Cambodia
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Ecuador
  • Georgia
  • Ghana
  • Hong Kong
  • Indonesia
  • Israel
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Kenya
  • Kuwait
  • Macedonia
  • Malaysia
  • Moldova
  • Montenegro
  • Myanmar
  • Nicaragua
  • Nigeria
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Qatar
  • Russia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Serbia
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Sri Lanka
  • Taiwan
  • Ukraine
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Cookee : As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/antiguaandbarbuda.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to ensure roaming is enabled on your account.