cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Roaming in USA (Florida)

Lugger1
Investigator
Investigator

We have no roaming data here and it seems a very common theme in here. 

Before I get the usual cut & paste reply of have u done this, have u enabled roaming etc etcthe answer is yes we've done everything as instructed multiple times. Everything was fine ie text 150, roaming enabled. 

We have a Samsung & apple phones so it's not the phones or the sim as both not working. Our friend on 3 is working fine but we're not with them on holiday to use their phone and shouldn't need to when we've paid for a service. 

This is highly dangerous with the kids as we're driving with no maps and no contact if in an accident. 

I'm doing the Ironman here so again no phone while on route recce rides. Very very dangerous.

No contact back home until we're in a WiFi area. 

I'll be looking to get out of all my contracts with EE when home or if no luck then I'll be gone when contracts are up. 

We can't get in touch with EE as the phone signals don't work and u can only ring. That's a joke with no support and having to come to this place.

Has anyone come up with a solution as all the replies I'm seeing on here are silly and saying please contact us. HOW CAN WE!!??

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Can you make calls & texts?

I presume when you say you have enabled roaming you mean on your MyEE a/c & not just on your phones. If you can't enable the Roaming Abroad and the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your online MyEE, you will need to call CS. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. via Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes we have followed all instructions.

This is a joke and many seem to have the same issue so it's clearly with EE.

Just tried to use Skype to ring but guess what.... as they detected I'm trying to sign in from a different country then they need to verify its me by sending a code to my phone number. 

True resetting via alternative email but that's pending.

EE is a joke!!!!

Jacboo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm having the same issue. My sister is in Florida and I can't call her. She's showing on her phone that she's on T-Mobile. We can contact by what's app and stupidly she can ring me on the mobile network but I couldn't get thru to her on the network and it was an emergency so I'm really very angry. Luckily I did get thru to her but as you can  see from my previous posts this keeps happening. EE need to sort this out people will show their disgust by walking. My family have 3 phone contacts and broadband which I'm sure Vodafone will be happy to get.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Jacboo

Welcome back to the community. 

I am so sorry to hear you were unable to get straight through to your sister during an emergency. 

Could I please confirm are you in the UK and your sister is in Florida?

Katie.

Jacboo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Yes I'm in Lancashire and she is near to fort Lauderdale. She could make calls and send text and use data for what's app.I rang her on mobile network it took ages to connect, rang twice then went dead. I tried again. It took ages then rang about 14 times then said the mobile no you have called cannot be connected. I contacted her by what's app told her the news and then we tried text which worked both ways. She rang me on the network and that worked but i rang back and it took ages to connect rang twice then just dead. She rang me back on the network and got thru We both travel extensively to Florida and since Brexit this has been happening. For the last 5 years I've been able to use my mins and data in Florida and it's worked fine now it's hit and miss.Data is better than the mobile network. The mobiles showed full signal but won't make  or receive calls. Our dad has Alzheimer's which is why it's important to be able to contact one another.Our phones are set to auto network but if it picks up at&t then the network never works only data and that's sporadic. The only other is network to work is T-Mobile but that sometimes works. Linda's phone was showing she was connected to tmobile when this incident happened last night. The calls happened UK time between 20:37 & 20:52. Using the two phones on my account.I hope this has explained it and would appreciate any help you can give as apart from this I've been happy with EE. Thank you JackieSent from my Galaxy
Katie_B

Thank you so much for the detail, this will certainly help us to look into this further @Jacboo.

How long has your sister been roaming in the states for if you don't mind me asking?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Jacboo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Hi she's been there just over 5 weeks and travelled home today.

Thanks Jackie
Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Jacboo

I just wanted to rule out the time spent in the USA could not be causing any issues regarding stable links. 

Have you been able to report this further to our technical care team who can complete full diagnostics?

Katie 🙂