Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data - Turned off by Operator

Sylvebea
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Over the last half an hour or so, my phone has given me multiple notifications which all say 'No Mobile Data Service - Temporarily Turned off by your Operator for SIM 1'. I cannot access anything online using my mobile data, nor can I call anybody.

I have checked online and there has been no notification that EE is taking service down for any reason, plus the coverage checker says that all should be fine. I have turned my phone off and on again and the first time it took a minute for the notification to return and the time after that it returned immediately.

How can this be resolved? I need mobile data for work, as well as commuting. I will be unable to work without it.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and am located in Sheffield.

I hope someone can help!!

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Sylvebea wrote:

Hi,

Over the last half an hour or so, my phone has given me multiple notifications which all say 'No Mobile Data Service - Temporarily Turned off by your Operator for SIM 1'. I cannot access anything online using my mobile data, nor can I call anybody.

Are you saying your phone doesn't have coverage showing? Lack of a network connection will prevent all mobile-network functions from working - calls, texts & mobile data... unless you have a working WiFi-connection to use VoWiFi.

If this is a local coverage issue, then a recent fault may not be reported yet and I would suggest using the "report a problem" link on the status checker in the first instance.

if you're saying you have coverage showing but are having problems making & receiving calls, or sending & receiving text messages, that would be a different scenario.

@bristolian wrote:

@Sylvebea wrote:

Hi,

Are you saying your phone doesn't have coverage showing? Lack of a network connection will prevent all mobile-network functions from working - calls, texts & mobile data... unless you have a working WiFi-connection to use VoWiFi.

If this is a local coverage issue, then a recent fault may not be reported yet and I would suggest using the "report a problem" link on the status checker in the first instance.

if you're saying you have coverage showing but are having problems making & receiving calls, or sending & receiving text messages, that would be a different scenario.

I had a notification on my phone which appeared multiple times informing me that my data had been turned off by the operator. I then tried to call EE support but my phone wouldn't even ring, so I assume this means my phone wasn't working at all, as during this time I could neither access the internet by using my mobile data, nor could I make or receive any calls.

My phone had 1 bar of signal appearing, but the usual 'vol LTE1' which usually appears beside it had disappeared, nor did it say '4g' or even 'h+', there was just nothing at all. I assume then from this it is an entire network connection issue rather than simply a phone data issue, as even now the usual symbol next to the connection bars keeps disappearing for a few minutes at a time, making it impossible to do anything without connection to the internet.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sylvebea 

Thanks for coming here. 

Is this message still showing this morning? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

The notification is no longer appearing but phone signal in my area is a lot weaker than it usually is. I'm still receiving only around one bar of signal and when I turn my wifi off to check my data, it can only maintain weak connection to 4G and then switches to H+. The VoLTE1 which is usually next to the connection bars keeps appearing and disappearing too, so I'm not too sure about the significance of that!

Thank you.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your symptoms sound similar to that which I've experienced in some areas for around a year now, and I have my suspicions as to the cause - unfortunately there's no quick fix for it.

That said, a bar of signal is still a bar - and you should always be able to make & receive voice calls, even if data can be problematic. The bars are only a rough indicator.

My only suggestion would be to use a WiFi-connection if you are indoors, and to use the "check status" option on the coverage checker, using "report a problem" as a first line.

Leanne_T

Hi @Sylvebea 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If you can follow @bristolian advice and report this issue on the network status checker, the network team will get the area looked into and keep you updated. 

Leanne 🙂

Mine is doing the same and im in Somerset 

James_B

Hi @Chan0304,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the Network Status Checker show any problems in your area?

James

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
None at all, it says everything is perfect. Even now being home my phone is connected to wifi but keeps changing to emergency calls only and notifying me that my operator has turned off connections.