cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data won’t work aboard

Our_bee
Investigator
Investigator

Im in holiday in Portugal and have done all the steps to allow my data to be used. (I sent a text to 150 with “roaming” etc) I’ve upped my cap to allow for the daily charge and still nothing. I don’t want to ring up to ask for help as I’m worried i will be charged and there is no online chat anymore which is very annoying. Please help! How do I get it to turn on? 

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you receive a response to your ROAMING text to 150?

Did you receive a welcome text message on arrival abroad?

Does your phone show a connection to a Portugese network?

Yes I got a reply to the roaming text. 

I did receive a welcome text. 

I am connected to KOS and have full service. 

I did however receive a message right after my welcome message stating I wouldn’t be able to use my roaming services as my spend cap was at £0. I then changed this to £20 to be able to be charged the daily £2.29 fee. But still have no luck and my data still won’t allow me to use it. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Our_bee 

Can you make calls and send texts? 

What happens when you try and connect to data? 

Leanne 🙂

Calls and text are no problem I can receive calls and texts and I can also send text messages and ring out if I wanted to. 

When I switch on the data nothing happens. If I leave it on it never connects to anything. Data is the only think I can’t use and it’s what I use the most. Being on holiday and not having access to that is annoying as I’m paying for it and not being able to use it. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Our_bee 

Have you tried manually connecting to another network in your device settings? 

Have you been able to use data since you arrived in Portugal? 

Leanne.

I haven’t tried another network. 

and I was able to use my data for 2 minutes after I came off the plane and then nothing after that. 

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Our_bee

Please try manually connecting to another network and let us know how you get on. 

If you need direction on how to do this with your device please confirm your phones make and model.

Katie