cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifting Data

NicoMac
Visitor

Hey all,

So I have an unlimited data sim that allows me to gift 100+gig of data every month.

In March I stopped being able to gift the data at any time during the month as I previously had been and instead my account was telling me that I had used it all when I tried to.

A 'customer service' rep and her 'supervisor' just told me that the gifting data is used first by your device before the unlimited data is, effectively preventing gifting unless you do it immediately at the start of the rolling month.

Is it me? Or are they having a laugh, fobbing me off and not playing fair?

When I bought the contract I was told my data was unlimited AND I can gift 100+gig a month ... What changed?

Anyone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Any data you gift has to come out of the 1st 100GB usage in any billing month. As you use your data yourself you are eating into the data that can be gifted. Therefore it is best to gift any you want to that month at the beginning of your billing month before you yourself start using data for your own use. Not doing that is why you ran out of giftable data in previous months.

@FSPORT : EE still have what? Your giftable data has no bearing on the OP's.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FSPORT
Explorer

I spoke to EE last weekend and they said they still have it.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Any data you gift has to come out of the 1st 100GB usage in any billing month. As you use your data yourself you are eating into the data that can be gifted. Therefore it is best to gift any you want to that month at the beginning of your billing month before you yourself start using data for your own use. Not doing that is why you ran out of giftable data in previous months.

@FSPORT : EE still have what? Your giftable data has no bearing on the OP's.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)