cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove 100M cap from PAYM SIM?

wmj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just wondered if it's possible to upgrade a capped 100M PAYM SIM to not have a cap?

Although in MyEE it says 'best speeds, no cap' I'm clearly capped at 100M. Seems pretty pointless having 5G and the associated shorter battery life with a 100M cap where I can get better performance and longer battery life on setting my phone to downngrade itself and use LTE-A instead.

15 REPLIES 15
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @wmj 

There is no cap and there is no guaranteed speeds on EE mobile network.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @wmj

Thanks for coming here. 

Please give us a call on 0800 079 8586 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

chistery
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

"Best speed" has no max, but it could just be the network where you are. Have you tried when out and about? 

Great speeds - max 25 Mbps

Excellent speeds - max 100 Mbps

Best speeds - no max speed.

In addition to @chistery and @Leanne_T  regarding which Max Speed vs Unlimited Speed Plans and checking with Customer Services that you are on the correct Plan, are you on an Unlimited Data Plan?, if so a Speed Cap will kick in once you have reached your Monthly Fair Use Policy (FUP currently 600gb usage, or, Data Gifted amount + remaining FUP = 600gb).

wmj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Was in a 5G area this morning. Did a few speed tests. Only hit around 50Mbps. Internet then dropped out & had to switch to my other provider's SIM to get back online.

I'm sure I remember pretty solid 4G+ speeds of around 250Mbps in the past on EE and another provider. Maybe I'm wrong.

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@wmj   Can you text BALANCE to 150 and report back what it says.   Can you also say what tariff you have.   What’s it’s cost and is it a 12 or 24m tariff.  

wmj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges).

Your current allowances are: Unlimited UK minutes and Unlimited UK texts.

You are on our Essential plan.

You have 8.6GB remaining of your 20.0GB data allowance.

This will refresh xxxxxxx

You have used 10.62GB of free data this billing period, Reply FREE USAGE to see a full breakdown.

For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL. If you would like more information about your plan reply MYPLAN.

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150.

You are currently on our Essentials Plan which gives you excellent speeds. You have 8.6GB remaining of your 20.0GB data allowance. Enjoy a rock solid connection that's perfect for social media, streaming and downloading your favourite music and shows, and gaming on the go. For more information about your plan speed tier, go here www.ee.co.uk/speed or to give us a call from your EE handset

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@wmj   Your account is showing the wrong information.    You’re on an Essentials Plan and that is capped at 100Meg.     I’ve upgraded today and my account shows the wrong information also.     Do you have the email that confirms your order of this tariff?  

Here’s my account.   Please note the Best Speeds. 

E787340C-8AF8-4B86-8130-F1B5CDF2E870.png

here’s my email 

5B81820E-790C-4C0D-B430-ECA3C6F20C3B.jpeg

wmj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Screenshot_20221228_172617.jpg