cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday cottage - only used for 6 months per year - Needs EE data...

lightbody
Visitor

Hi there,

I need some advice please!

We have a remote holiday cottage that we use for a maximum of 6 months of the year.  It has a nearby EE 4G mast which works brilliantly via a 4G router, allowing us to work from there etc.  We use quite a lot of data when we're there, then nothing at all until we come back.

I have been doing pay-as-you-go data, but the data packs cost a fortune, and we have to try to judge it so that data doesn't just expire between visits... its complicated and fiddly. It would be nice to have sufficient data allowance that everyone could use it normally without worrying about it, or having to remember to top it up/pay for it.

I've thought about whether a contract can have two sims and be shared between the normal one I have on my smartphone or something?

Any ideas appreciated.  My best idea is just to sign up for a 2 year contract, despite the fact that it won't be used most of the time.

- Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @lightbody ,

Welcome to the community,

You would need to add  an additional line for another sim, which will have its own number. If they are on the same account, you can gift data. You may want to check here about data gifting:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/other/data-gifting

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't have more than 1 SIM on the same no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You will need to have 2 separate lines to have 2 SIMs, however if they're on the same pay-monthly billing account then you can share data between them.

In this way, you can get a data-heavy plan on one line, and then share data from that one as suits.