cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot laod some apps and websites

Jiwon23
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,  I'm an international student from South Korea and I'm using a 100GB subscription pack.

Since last Thursday (11th May), my EE data suddenly doesn't work in some apps and websites.

It is definitely not a device problem because everything works well when connected to Wi-Fi.

And also when I connect my laptop to my phone hotspot, the same problem happens. 

It is not a parental control issue too.

This problem mostly happens when I try to use Korean apps or websites. But sometimes my Outlook or other Google websites also doesn't work. (It loads veeeeeeeeeery slowly or fails to load, but sometimes it works!!!). 

I tried to solve these issues in several ways. Installing VPN, changing ipv4, rebooting network options...etc

Fortunately, I installed VPN on my phone and this issue is completely resolved.

But it didn't work at all when I connected my laptop to a hotspot and then tried the same methods. I installed several VPNs, and changed ipv4 on my laptop but none of them works.

It is very important to solve this problem because I usually use all the data by connecting hotspots to my laptop.

I see a few people in this community who have had the same problem from exactly the same date as me.

I think this is an EE network issue. What should I do in this situation?

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jiwon23 

It may just be that some sites don't allow access to EU users becase of the EU data protection regulations. The fact it works if you use a VPN suggests this maybe the issue. 

Have you tried restarting your device? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yes, I restarted my devices several times. But it didn't work.

But there wasn't any problem before 11th May. I have used my EE data for several months.

and I cannot find any news about the new EU data protection regulations which applied on 11th May.

But thank you for helping me

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jiwon23,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It could also be that the websites and apps you're having problems with, have content that isn't available in this region. 

James

Slinklink20
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jiwon23. 

I just noticed your post, and it is very similar to a problem I had which someone else posted in a different thread, see link below:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Data/Website-pages-apps-not-loading/td-p/1252783

The solution for both of us was to get a new SIM card from ee. Not sure why that works, but it did. 

Hopefully this might help you too. 

Thank you so much! I'll try it!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Let us know how you get on @Jiwon23 

Leanne 🙂

Jiwon23
Investigator
Investigator

I got a new sim on Friday from EE.

But the new sim wasn't working for 24 hours. (EE said sim swap only takes up to 24 hours)

So I just put my old EE sim, and surprisingly, it works...!

All the apps and websites are working!

Thank you for helping me!

Jiwon23
Investigator
Investigator

No....Not as smooth as before

Apps and websites are working but the data keep disconnected...

Jiwon23
Investigator
Investigator

No it works!!!

Love you everyone