Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website pages/apps not loading

Ccoe91
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Since Thursday (11th May 23) I have been having issues with my 4g network. Some pages/apps load fine, e.g Reddit, WhatsApp, Messenger, Gmail. Whereas others time out consistently e.g Outlook, Betting apps, Fotmob etc etc

While I am on WiFi it all works perfectly fine. I have made sure I have the right conent locks, I have troubleshooted consistently following EE suggestions and the coverage checker for my area still reads 100% for 4g. 

I got a new phone between the 11th and 13th and on each I had the same issue. These were the Pixel 3a and now the Pixel 7a. This leads me to think it's not a phone issue but rather an EE issue.

Any ideas? My phone is borderline unusable when I am at work and outside the house.

13 REPLIES 13
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ccoe91 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried changing the parental controls through your My EE account? This may help fix those problems.

Chris

I have indeed. I've changed them myself and I've also had support change them. Each time I've done this I've reset my phone and each time I still find I have the same issue. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Ccoe91 

I recommend continuing to speak to our technical support team so they can look into this further.

Chris

Slinklink20
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Ccoe,

Did you figure out what the problem was with this? I’m having the exact same issue with my Pixel 6, also on 4g, and it seemed to start in the last few days. 

Thanks!

Hey,

Nothing concrete yet. Been through all sorts with chat and eventually got forwarded through to a tech guru. They suggested it could be an issue with the SIM as i've had the issue across two phones. So tomorrow I'm going to an EE shop to get a new SIM and we'll see if what happens after that.

Hey,

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Cheers.

Hi again,

It was 100% a SIM issue. They gave me a new one in the store and I no longer have 4g issues. 

Could be the same with you, it's well worth a look.

Good luck!

Katie_B

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Ccoe91

It's great to hear this is now resolved. 

Katie

AmyBeal
Explorer

I have the same issue but not a new phone