cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data usage

evklive
Explorer

Hi,

My phone plan topped up only 4 days ago yet I have somehow managed to burn 50GB of data? This happened last month were my data ran out within 10 days and that never used to happen, I had a 30GB plan so this month I increased the data usage and it has someone ran out sooner??? 4 days? I am not doing anything strenuous enough to burn “50GB OF DATA” in 4 days, what is going on? 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Most phones have a data counter that will itemise the data usage app-by-app, you can set the counting periods to match your bill cycle.

The location of this differs between Apple & Android, but is generally in your phone's connection settings menu. The answer to query is very likely found in this facility.

I have, and nothing indicates that i have used 50GB in 4 days, is that even doable  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

With sizeable software updates or apps on background refresh, it's a lot but perfectly achievable.

Make sure you've synchronised the counting period on the data counter with your billing cycle. Also check whether any OS updates may be set to use mobile data in preference to WiFi.

Check your bundle usage tallies by texting BALANCE to 150.