cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Awarded” unlimited data?

amyrh
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been using my phone to tether for work as I recently moved house and don’t yet have the internet installed, so I’ve been checking my data usage very closely. 
Today I’ve logged on and found I’ve now got unlimited data, which is absolutely amazing and couldn’t have come at a better time as it means I can now work from home today whereas on my normal allowance I would have probably run out of data before lunch time so was going to originally make a very long journey to my nearest office this morning. 

My question is, why has this happened? I’ve checked and it says my monthly bill is still the same, so I’m assuming it’s because I have been a loyal customer of EE for many years and it’s just been added to my account as I’ve been using a lot of data? 
Picture attached showing the unlimited data I’ve now had added to my account. 

8715E183-CBC7-4651-B89A-241A3DDC36B8.png

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@amyrh  I think you’ll find that’s a glitch.  Because at the top of your image it says 40Gb.    EE will not give you unlimited data for nothing. 

Text AL to 150 to see what you do have. 
or text BALANCE to 150. 

Andy_65
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @amyrh 

That's their 'keep connected' promise that kicks in when you've used your monthly data allowance. Once you've used your monthly data allowance your data speed drops to about 0.5Mbs, so you can keep using the internet but it'll only be suitable for emails and general browsing.

I noticed it a couple of months ago on my Plan, below's an explanation from their website:

Stay connected if your data runs out

We’re the only network that makes sure you stay connected, even your data runs out. You’ll automatically switch over to a slower speed (0.5Mbps) when you’ve used up your plan allowance.