cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500KB/S WITH 5G AND UNLIMITED DATA PLAN - SUPER SLOW SPEED!!

Inuke
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have unlimited data plan with free roaming unlimited data as well and an iphone 14 pro max.

I use my phone as a hotspot, and sometimes after I get the message saying that Ive used all my 100gb that I can share but I can still enjoy my unlimited data plan, my speed drops to 500kb/s even when Im not using my phone as hotspot.

So whats going on, whats this and how to fix it? My plan is unlimited max speed, why is speed at 500kb/s with full 5G signal then?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Inuke 

EE will say and do say "in ideal circumstances" coverage is subject to various circumstances and situations. 

Check the network status checker: https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

My friend you did not read.. I said this happens sometimes (3 times in last 6 months), after I get the message saying Ive used all my data 100gb that I can share.. then my speed drops to 500kb/s even when Im NOT sharing any data and I have UNLIMITED DATA.

It has nothing to do with coverage my friend.

When the speed drops have you exceeded the 600gb Fair Use Policy (FUP).

Are you in a 4G or 4/5G area?

Hi, Im gonna say it again, it happens exactly when I get the text saying Ive used all 100gb of my allowed sharing data, but I have unlimited data plan, so I should be able to use my data if Im not sharing innit.

But no, theres some problem with EE network and iphone 14 pro max, that blocks my speed when I share more than 100gb and Im paying for unlimited best speeds. I got low speeds even just using my phone can barely access this website imagine.

Imagine paying for a service unlimited best speeds, and here I am on 500kb/s 

Happened 2 or 3 times already in 6 months, goes 2 or 3 days at slow speed before all of a sudden get back to normal.

Means something is wrong with ee network. Whos gonna refund me the money for the days I go by with 500kbs and Im paying for 5G unlimited?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Inuke

Thanks for getting back to us.

For this to be looked into we would need to see if there are any problems in your area that is causing this. You can check the status of your area for 5G and 4G using the Network Status Checker and selecting 'Status'. 

Are you aware if this happens in one location or is it wherever you go?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi like I said it happens 3 times in last 6 months after I get the message about sharing more than 100gb allowed. EVEN when i got unlimited data plan. Even when I’m not sharing data. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Inuke 

If you get in touch with our technical support team, they will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂