cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with setting up a mini wifi 4G

Billiestevens16
Explorer

I have inserted a PAYG sim which requires me to pay £10 to get the data once activated but when I try to activate the sim it says Invalid sim. When it asks for the mobile number I assume its the one for the sim and not my mobile phone.  I have tried to do it using my main wifi and also using the mini wifi connection.  What am I doing wrong.

Should I be connected to the mini wifi when I do this or should I be on my regular wifi.  I have tried both on mobile and also on laptop with no joy

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Billiestevens16 

What 4G wifi device are you using. Where did you get the SIM. 

Are you in the UK. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Hi

In Uk
It’s a 4GEE wifi mini.
Bought a PAYG 5GB Data sim from Tescos.

I finally managed to get on to the page where it gives details of the device and network etc but it still says invalid sim

Regards

Billie
Sent from my iPhone
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Billiestevens16 : When trying to register your mobile router to an EE a/c it'll be asking for the router's mobile no. Mobile routers contain a SIM. All SIMs have a mobile no. Are you able to visit http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see your data & credit status as well as its mobile no. at the top?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I can get to the data page but the number is not there it says invalid sim

B
Sent from my iPhone
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Is it an EE SIM, @Billiestevens16?

James

Yes it is. I am wondering now if it’s expired. I bought it 12 months ago but never put money on it. Is that likely?
Sent from my iPhone
James_B
EE Community Support Team

It could be, @Billiestevens16 

Is there an expiry date on the packaging?

James