Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to 4gee wi fi mini

colinpatrick23
Explorer

Hello,

I have a 4gee wi-fi mini.

I bought a new sim card today and inserted it into the device. ( I haven't yet topped up the sim with money)

when I go in through the browser it is saying connected but no access to the internet.

Does the sim need to be topped up first if so how do I do this? it wont let me add a device through my ee website or through the browser when connected.

Thanks Colin.

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @colinpatrick23,

Please visit http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to your 4GEE to see the current status/balance and phone number of the inserted sim.

You can top up using  fast payment/top-up online with a card. There is no need to log in.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
colinpatrick23
Explorer

Hello,

I have now topped up with fast payment.

I have gone to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status  but still says your device disconnected.

when I click on the "check how much data you have left or buy addon" it just refreshes the page.

please see the image attached.

Thanks

Colinscreenshot 1.jpg

colinpatrick23
Explorer

Hello Alex,

It has now connected after a brief period.  and I have internet access.

Thanks for your help

Colin

Excellent, glad I could help! It probably took a few minutes for the sim to activate and register the device.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM