Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR7101 + FWA710 5G Connection issues

Stevep1987
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, 

Does anyone else have a Zyxel NR7101 or a FWA710 5G router that is also having issues with speeds, Specifically 5G connection and it dropping Carrier bands? 

EE CA Config 

Band 1 , Band 5, Band 5, Band 7, Band 7 and NR 78 NSA 

If someone could reach out and help I have been working with Zyxel support for a couple of months. Looks like a firmware issue. 

Steve 

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stevep1987 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been in touch with our tech guides to run through troubleshooting at our end? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne, 

I haven’t no, I don’t think it’s a EE related issue because my iPhone works fine and I get 400mbps downloads speeds but the Zyxel router can’t seem to stay locked on to all the carrier bands. Is there anyone you would recommend I could talk to at EE?

Regards 

Steve

James_B

Hi @Stevep1987,

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to check over everything on the network side if you get in touch.

James

Hi James,

I have ordered a replacement SIM card to rule that out first as I have test two different Zyxel Outdoor routers with 650metre direct line of site to the Mask,

like I say my iPhone seems to work fine so can’t see it being a network issue but I’ll swap the SIM card and if nothing changes I will reach out to tech support, 

Regards

Steve

James_B

OK, @Stevep1987 - Please let us know how you get on.

James

Thanks James,

Would someone be able to answer if a device with a Data SIM stays connected to all available carrier bands at all times or do they disconnect/ reconnect depending on the download bandwidth? 

Regards

Steve

Leanne_T

Hi @Stevep1987 

If signal drops this would disconnect until service is available. 

For more information and to get this looked into please call us. 

Leanne.

Stevep1987
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

Got somewhat to the bottom of this, I am a on “Unlimited Data Sim” package which when you look on EEs website states there are no fair usage policy’s or speed caps “For personal use”  but when you look in the small print EE Class data use above 600gb as non personal use and therefor reduce the speed of the connection. 600gb is far too low for this day and age. My household streams a lot of YouTube, downloads games etc. My package resets on the 20th but come the 7th of the following month I’ve hit the 600gb limit and they speed cap me. I don’t get any notifications of this because the device I use isn’t capable of receiving text messages and the EE app also doesn’t tell you the usage as it just says “Unlimited Data” this is technically true because they don’t turn off my connection they just slow it down. 
Steve 

Most mobile routers can receive texts. Login to it & look for the SMS Section/Inbox.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)