cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble gaming on mobile Smart 4G Hub

Bradderz2
Explorer

Hey guys, recently purchased a Smart 4G Hub from an EE store and they said that it's great for gaming. The connection is great, I can browse the internet and watch shows with ease. For some reason, I have difficulty connecting to some gaming services. I use the PC it sometimes disconnects me from games or I can't connect at all but have access to the internet.

Did some research and found many articles saying that this mobile hub isn't well suited to gaming despite what the people at the EE store said. Was wondering if there was a potential fix or an alternative option since we're in a new build with no broadband availability. 

The connection is great and everyone in the household haven't had any issues at all, it's just the gaming side that's a problem. If there are any options, I'd love to hear it.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bradderz2 Your facing the limitations of having a shared IP address because it’s a mobile router, is so you can not be identified on the network.   Mobile routers are not great for gaming at all.  There is no work around,  you could try restarting the router but you’ll get this issue again. 

Bradderz2
Explorer

@Chris_B Hey thanks for the reply, yeah unfortunately restarting the router rarely fixes the issue. I've seen people mention changing it to IPV4 or using a VPN can fix the issue but I haven't had any luck with that. We're kind of stuck and being forced to pay anextra price since there aren't any other broadband availabilities in our area.

Appreciate the response and if there are any ways to get around this or an alternative to the mobile router, would be great appreciated. Thanks again.