cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strict Nat type

Darcy8524
Visitor

Why do EE not let potential customers no that 5 g home routers are not suitable for using gaming ,as most families have children and most play on Xbox’s etc very .it must effect sales 😊very disappointed after being a customer in some shape or form for 20 years or more .

27 REPLIES 27

Which VPN are you using ?

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Surfshark vpn I use 

1. Download and install the VPN software on your Windows PC.

2. Connect your PS4 to your PC with the ethernet cable.

3. Open the Control Panel in Windows and navigate to the Network and Sharing Center.

4. Click on Change Adaptor Settings in the left sidebar.

5. Right-click on your VPN connection (the one installed on your PC), click Properties > Sharing.

6. Tick the box that says: Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection.

7. Locate the Home networking connectiondrop-down menu and select your ethernet connection.

8. Connect to the VPN server you require by using the VPN client on your PC.

9. Boot up your PS4.

On the main menu screen click on Settings > Network Settings.

10. Under Network Settings select Set up Internet Connection.

Select Use a LAN Cable when you are prompted.

11. Select Easy for the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.

12. Accept these settings and click Test Connection to ensure it works correctly.

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi 

I am not sure with the portal but if you set up your ps to run through a vpn then anything you connect to ps will also run through it it says ps 4 in the description but it works on ps 5 Xbox as well 

Thank you for your reply  , but I don't use a laptop , I use my EE mobile Hotspot . I was on the phone with a EE tehnician 1 hour ago and he said they cand change the type of NAT from NAT 3 TO NAT 2 for mobile . I will cancel all my 3 monthly contracts for my mobiles , I have Unlimited data on all my contracts but I can't use it on the go with my PlayStation Portal. 

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For a quick fix you can run your vpn on your mobile phone and hotspot through that 

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

To do this you just put the vpn app on your phone and switch on to fastest server usually UK turn on hotspot and connect your ps5 to your mobile hotspot it should be exactly the same as that mobile router they send it’s crap 

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
  1. Download and install the VPN software on your Windows PC.

2. Connect your PS4 to your PC with the ethernet cable.

3. Open the Control Panel in Windows and navigate to the Network and Sharing Center.

4. Click on Change Adaptor Settings in the left sidebar.

5. Right-click on your VPN connection (the one installed on your PC), click Properties > Sharing.

6. Tick the box that says: Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection.

7. Locate the Home networking connectiondrop-down menu and select your ethernet connection.

8. Connect to the VPN server you require by using the VPN client on your PC.

9. Boot up your PS4.

On the main menu screen click on Settings > Network Settings.

10. Under Network Settings select Set up Internet Connection.

Select Use a LAN Cable when you are prompted.

11. Select Easy for the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.

12. Accept these settings and click Test Connection to ensure it works correctly.

We don't need a laptop or a PC my friend... I use my mobile hotspot not my wifi broadband... the problem it the Monle hotspot use NAT 3 not NAT 2 and doesn't matter if I install on my phone any VPN because also it doesn't work .. the VPN doesn't change the NAT type. If I will take my PlayStation Portal away from my home it not connecting to PlayStation 5 on Mobile Hotspot  because of the NAT type.

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
It works mate trust me changes it to Nat type 2 been doing it for over a year no problems

Mate,  can you tell me where the NAT will change from type 3 to type 2 ? On PlayStation 5 or on my data  mobile hotspot ? .  Like I said I use my data mobile hotspot.