cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BT To New EE?

TriciaGall
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I transfered from BT to EE early December 2023, I have gone from unlimited slow broadband to the whole house on a 4EE WIFI HUB,where they wanted to charge me double the cost with little to no constant connection. I can say I am about 1/2 mile from the 4g and 5 g towers but the reception I get is intermittent, my Sky and Q boxes drop regularly, as does my ring doorbell and my phone WiFi. My friends find they struggle to connect to WiFi in my house ...I am my wits end with it.  Suggest you think twice before changing, devil you know and all that..

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TriciaGall No network will guarantee a single indoors. Your home can be blocking the cellular signal.  That’s why they have external antennas.  Do you get a good signal outside? 

TriciaGall
Investigator
Investigator

I think I get a good signal outdoors but don't use my phone a lot outside.  I have moved the WiFi router upstairs which has improved it a little, but not stopped the nuisance caused by my sky and q boxes, plus Ring door gell dropping of line regularly.

Not sure if sky and Ring dislike the EE services or what it is...

Thank you  for assisting 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TriciaGall 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please get in touch with our tech guides on 07953 966 150 and they can run some troubleshooting and get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

Kev747
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry to hear about your bother. I was on sky broadband but wasn't getting the speed advertised so I moved to EE and our wifi is definitely better. For your sky box have you tried connecting it via a cat 6 cable to your hub. Also make sure the cable from the hub to the wall box is a cat 6 cable.