cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding EE Smart Hub for Foundry VTT

Mr64
Explorer

I recently switched from 3 to EE for my mobile broadband (5G EE Smart Hub), but I can't seem to get the port forwarding to work. I host virtual tabletop via foundry vtt, and was able to set this up pretty easily when I was on 3 and can't figure out what's stopping it on EE.  The setup should be simple, so I'm wondering if there's something additional I'm missing/overlooking in setting this up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Mr64 You would be better to post this in the Mobile Broadband section of the Forum, you may get better response from there.

Mr64
Explorer

I recently switched from 3 to EE for my mobile broadband (5G EE Smart Hub), but I can't seem to get the port forwarding to work. I host virtual tabletop via foundry vtt, and was able to set this up pretty easily when I was on 3 and can't figure out what's stopping it on EE. The setup should be simple, so I'm wondering if there's something additional I'm missing/overlooking in setting this up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mr64 : I can't see Port Forwarding working on the EE mobile network, even when you employ a DDNS.

You are finding yourself up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) resulting in a double NAT, which games consoles often object to, which means you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB. 

If this occurs there is nowt you can do to avoid it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)