Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5g router with issues

RNewman
Investigator
Investigator

Good evening,

We have set up a brand new 5g router from EE evening.  I am experiencing two issues:

• The Internet from the router keeps dropping out and need to turn off the Internet on the devices and turn it back on.
  • We live in a flat with stone walls so we use TP Link AV600 extenders. Are they compatible with the 5g router and I cannot get them to extend the WiFi. I have reset the extenders, used TP link software and pairing them. I have exhausted all of my ways and TPs troubleshooting guides to get them to work. Is there something I am not doing?

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
RNewman
Investigator
Investigator

An update. I have managed using the WPS function on the router to set up the WiFi in each of the rooms. Yes, the strength is that bad. It is now saying incorrect password which I know is true and enter it manually it still is saying it is wrong. Any help would be gratefully received.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RNewman,

Where are you seeing the incorrect password message?

James

In our connections window on our devices (Ipads, Samsung S21, Samsung A33 and Iphones). There is usually two failed connections and then it comes up with the incorrect password 

James_B

Have you connected your devices to both the EE router's and WiFi extenders networks @RNewman?

James

It connects to the 5gee router and cannot on the TP link powerline WiFi extender as it comes up with the incorrect password message. It takes me two or three attempts to get connect back on the 5gee router. 

James_B

Have you supplied your devices with the correct password for your powerline adapters @RNewman?

James

I tried supplying the extenders with their passwords, I am afraid that didn't work. We have a mesh system and so I have tried three different passwords. I have also tried to do it over the TP utility.

James_B

Hi @RNewman,

I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer of your WiFi extenders for support if your devices are unable to connect to them.

Thanks

James

RNewman
Investigator
Investigator

I did this, this evening and we spent an hour on live chat talking to TP link. We have discovered the LAN port on the EE 5g router is not working. I have now spent 7 hours only to find it is a fault with an EE product. I am strongly considering cancelling. This looking at various forums is not a uncommon issue. Am I entitled to a discount for a faulty product?