Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Osprey Y855V still active?

essenby
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have an Osprey Y855V MiFi device back from when I was an EE customer and I believe it is unlocked.   It is a while since I used it and I'm sure I unlocked it to to use cheap data SIMs.  However, I have just inserted a Vodafone SIM and although it appears to connect to Voda UK, and does not request an NCK code, it does not connect to the internet.  

Is there any way of checking whether the device is still "active" or whether EE have "retired" it due to long period on non-use?

Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
essenby
Investigator
Investigator

UPDATE : -

The router is unlocked but the parameters it was using were incorrect.  I looked up the relevant cpnnection details on the Vodafone support site and created a profile with those settings, made it the default and bingo- internet 👍😀

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm still running my Osprey Mini (Y853V)! I don't see how mobile routers can ever be retired. They can only be aware of the SIM in it. EE do deactivate their PAYG SIMs due to non-use, but you are on a Voda SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
essenby
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @XRaySpeX .  Given that, can anyone suggest a reason why it still shows as "No Internet Connection"

That's something to take up with Voda. You are using their network.

Is the Voda SIM on contract or PAYG?

You say you believe the router is unlocked but is it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
essenby
Investigator
Investigator

UPDATE : -

The router is unlocked but the parameters it was using were incorrect.  I looked up the relevant cpnnection details on the Vodafone support site and created a profile with those settings, made it the default and bingo- internet 👍😀

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @essenby 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know 🙂

Have a lovely Sunday. 

Leanne.