Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Netflix, NOW TV and Discovery+

richardcrosser
Investigator
Investigator

Anybody else finding this impossible?

Call EE - no answer for over an hour!

Try the ee.co.uk/go/partneractivate link to activate discovery+ and the link isn't recognised or isn't working!

Try and log in to NOW TV? Doesn't work either....when the e-mail you're provided with on your order isn't anything like your actual e-mail then you know you're on to a loser!

REALLY disappointed with my first week as an EE customer.

Was LIED to about being able to access Discovery on laptop and mobile before activation date.

But good news!!! They're great at sending invoices!! no doubt the money will be coming out of my account as I speak!

I shall be cancelling my contract without doubt and advising others not to go anywhere near ee! 

8 REPLIES 8
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

For activating Discovery+ have you tried doing it through here:

TNT Sports via BT or EE: How do I access discovery+?

This is all I did when I got the TNT Sports add on and activated it through the Discovery+ app on my Samsung Neo QLED 4K, it activated first time and working perfectly now on the television, as well as on both mobile and pc.

For NowTV and Netflix, if you can't get through, then simply put in an online complaint here:

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint/form

As for cancelling contract etc, then you need to do that within fourteen days of your activation date, otherwise you will be liable to any cancellation fee.

How do I cancel my broadband, landline or TV plan?

Have a read of this previous post for more info on leaving within fourteen days:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Cancellation/m-p/1344907/highlight/true#M87580

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
DarrenDev
EE Employee

You weren't lied to @richardcrosser - it's just not worked for your order.  You should have been able to use Now TV and Discovery+ within minutes of ordering.

No answer for over an hour definitely doesn't sound right - what number did you call?  Try calling 0330 123 1105 between 8am and 9pm and it should be answered pretty quickly.

Darren I was lied to because I specifically asked the salesperson if I could access SKY SPORTS before my installation date on 18th April and was told I could. So I cancelled my previous access to SKY / BT prior to 18th and couldn't watch football on 16th and 17th. When I spoke to one of your colleagues on 20th to get help with connection I was told that I shouldn't have been told I could access services before the engineer came to switch on services. The complaint I raised - because I had to purchase Discovery+ for a month a £30.99 to watch the football, was closed this morning as resolved - something one of your colleagues took it upon themselves to 'resolve' even though it was clear on your system that I didn't have activated services and you'll see why below. So I have no apology and (when the e-mail came through) no resolution to the problem of having my account activated, so who cleared off the complaint? Must be nice to sweep things under the carpet when you don't feel like dealing with them and certainly doesn't underline the message I keep hearing when I call EE 'WE ARE COMMITTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE' - I can only assume you mean in a good way but that's sadly not the case.

Closed complaint came through BEFORE the following came to light:

• Mobile activation codes weren’t getting through but the one with my bill did! Your operator that I spoke to this morning said that not only did you have the wrong e-mail on my paper confirmation (richard@b4-bussnies.com) but the e-mail on your system was richard@b4-bussines.com
  • The mobile number you had on your system was also wrong so I wasn't getting anything other than pins, sharing screen requests and tracking e-mails so no idea why the activation text's weren't getting through

So I have spent £30.99 I shouldn't have had to spend according to one of your colleagues, the activation information entered has been input incorrectly and I have spent hours on the phone - yes the number you advise is the one that I was holding on for over an hour. The salesperson was clearly motivated by selling me the package without caring too much about the after sales service and my experience. He DID lie to me because I couldn't get access due to his incompetence entering simple information. Yet he took my order and then tried (for the 2nd time on the call) to get my mobile business - and I am getting follow up's by text too. So how do I get some texts from EE yet the activation ones don't get through?

A real shambles I'm afraid and seriously considering cancelling my order - it has been far from a good experience.

I certainly won't be recommending EE to anyone.  

I can only apologise for the poor experience you've had, but you haven't been lied to - you've just suffered due to so many mistakes.  Everything you were told/sold originally was correct.

Unfortunately I can't help with your issues - they'd be best dealt with by someone from the complaints team.  I know your complaint was already closed, but raising another one is the best way forward.  You can use the online form mentioned above if you don't want to call again.

richardcrosser
Investigator
Investigator

Why should I Darren? You have a customer that has, in your words 'suffered' and yet you're not doing anything to help? What sort of customer service is that? So I raise another complaint and how do I know that won't also be closed? 

Waste of time.

Sorry for not being clearer @richardcrosser - I lead the development team for EE TV, and do my best to help out where issues are technical or specifically related to the TV part of an order.  I don't have access or training for ordering systems, and cannot help with complaints.  Me trying to do anything on your behalf would only put me as a middle-man and slow everything down.

I could ask the moderators to help too, however they also have a backlog, so could take a few days to get to you.

I do agree that you shouldn't have to complain again - the previous complaint shouldn't have been closed.  It'd be the fastest route to getting your issues fixed though.

Good for you! 

EE have messed up entering my e-mail and mobile so whatever I do I am having to compensate for someone's incompetence that's entered incorrect details - my subscription isn't recognised.

Now I have to put in another complaint - how do I know that won't get 'resolved' without being resolved to my satisfaction and without me any further forward? 

And now if I don't cancel in time, without having had access to any services, I am liable to a charge!

You don't get that 'we're committed to customer service' feel being an EE customer do you! You might but I certainly don't. A lot of talk, absolutely zero action or will to get the problems solved!  

And therein lies the problem Darren. You work for the company but have limited power and the solutions you are offering are slower than me putting in more time and effort without knowing what the outcome will be. EE are committed to customer service yet you have admitted the moderators are clogged up. So whilst good old Kevin Bacon will regularly (and increasingly annoyingly) present a wonderful simple solution by transferring to EE, it is FAR FROM THAT! Big business providing simple solutions to gullible customers like me but in the end they just can't back it up and worst still, don't give a toss about unhappy customers.

To be fair to you you are stepping forward and TRYING which is more than I can say for the rest of the EE machine so I am grateful to you for that.

No point replying Darren as you're just wasting your time if you can't help me.

Cheers