Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no UHD on bbc iplayer on ee TV box pro

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon

I have recently joined ee from BT, and have today taken delivery of my shiny new ee TV box pro. However, as with my BTTV box pro, there is no UHD content available on iplayer via the box. I have checked the settings and they're on UHD 50bits and the iplayer itself is set to 'best quality'.  I am set up via WiFi and haven't yet tried via an ethernet cable.

On my smart TV the iplayer app has UHD content. My broadband speeds are in excess of 500mbps.

As i said the BT box also had this problem but I was hoping the new box would've solved this. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

iPlayer on the TV Box Pro supports UHD, so I have no idea why you're not seeing it.  e.g. when I launch iPlayer now, the first programme it offers me is "Blue Lights" in UHD.  This is true whether I use iPlayer standard, or iPlayer BETA (available from the cog within the iPlayer app).  If you select the "Try new features in iPlayer BETA" menu option, you should also see a "Play Ultra HD Trial" option, which will allow you to test your UHD setup (it just plays some footage from Planet Earth 2).

Yes i've already looked for that (on both standard and the beta versions). It's not there on ee box, but is on my smart tv.

It's weird that it's happened on both boxes, so it's obviously something with my set up.

I'll see what happens if i use an ethernet cable at some point. It's not the end of the world as I can easily watch on smart tv. 

I have plugged the ethernet cable in, it's makes no difference at all to the UHD availability.