Did you mean: 

Huawei CPE Pro from the 5GEE Home Router

Tomtom2
Investigator
Investigator

Hello There 

Just received my Huawei CPE Pro from the 5GEE Home Router bundle

It is the Huawei H112 - B372 model

My issue is with this router now I cannot connect my switch  or even do some facetime and all the app for video call its says all the time connecting .. but nothing.

Just before I had the home broadband from Three, very slow speed, but at least I did not get any issue for all Video call or even connecting my switch.

Any idea of what could be the problem in the settings ?

Tried to take off the firewall, same issue

Tried to unblock the parental control from EE, same issue

Following that post : https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4G-and-mobile-data/Torrent-issue-with-Huawei-5g-CPE-Pro/m-p/838918/hig...

I bet I could be the APN issue, but can't find where to change/ tweak it.

Thank you very much fr your help

74 REPLIES 74

Big thankyou, got this working on my Huawei 372 model too with this on windows PC in Chrome with developer options on. Turns out I don't actually have 5G despite the ee coverage checked showing that I do (i also have  a 5G phone too) 

my internet speeds have now trippled since turning off IPV6 and putting the IPV4 only on!

Big Thankyou Ray and everyone else involved in this post and making it work,.

I followed the post and with a bit of googling how to turn on developter mode in google chrome for windows PC  by pressing key combination CTRL+SHIFT+i , i got this working on my Huawei CPE Pro (ee provided) 372 model too with this on windows PC in Chrome with developer options on. Turns out I don't actually have 5G available where I live despite the ee coverage checker map showing that I do (i also have  a 5G phone too samsung galaxy s21 + 5G) 

on my CPE pro router my internet speeds have now trippled since turning off IPV6 and putting the IPV4 only on! I complained to EE that they used to be faster on my old 4gee home router than this one (which is odd cause the router itself is much more powerful and higher spec), and they didn't even think of this as a solution. 

Out of curiousity i turned of 5G on my samsung phone too and this improved the speeds for when i am at my home address, where there is no 5G!

Next step i'll test this on my xbox tomorrow to see if this works with voice during a game as this was not working with the default settings!!

Thanks again.

I gave up using my H112-372 some months ago due to its unreliabilty and put the sim in a 4G router which has been perfect ever since. However being annoyed at paying money for this doorstop I'm now having another look,

Still no firmware update available through EE, I may try a Three sim in it if it fits, which it almost certainly won't, as I've read that with a Vodaphone sim you get the update.

I found the firmware on the web which I assume will be the original version that EE have ruined, but it wasn't free so haven't tried that yet.

Anyway the main point of my post today is that I noticed that the two dns servers are the same, is that normal? Certainly doesn't seem like a good idea 

IPv6 DNS servers:

fe80::6a13:24ff:fe1f:ff2e%44
fe80::6a13:24ff:fe1f:ff2e%44

I will post my bit on this forum about EE. I have the CPE PRO 2 and an unlimited EE line which I used in the router. For about 6 months it worked fine but now it works intermittently as mentioned in my previous posts. Anyway I've since used a Three sim card and I get 0 disconnections with this router compared to EE which is 2/3 times a day.

Initially i thought it was a router problem but I now know it is an issue with EE not the router. I have yet to moan at EE about this but I have a sim card that I'm paying for that I'm not really using anymore because of how rubbish the signal/network is in my area. They are meant to be "better than the rest" but clearly aren't. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KamH,

Does the Network Status Checker show any problems in your area?

James

In my experience the H112-xxx 5G Router series are a good piece of kit, in fact I'll put my neck on the block and say all the Huawei's Mobile Routers are good, they are extremely Signal Sensitive due to there Chipset and advanced Internal Aerial Designs, but, you do need a Factory Unlocked Versions, the Networked Locked Down versions are just too restrictive in their settings.

One thing I have noticed with these 5G CPE Routers is they will display a 5G Signal Indication But not necessarily use the 5G NSA Layer that sits on top of 4G+ Network, this situation seems to be more pronounced on the EE Network of late, where you almost have to push a reasonable Data Download for the 5G to kick in, a Speed Test should suffice, very similar to how the 4G+ used to be when it was being rolled out over 4G, you almost had to do a Speed Test, stop the Test half way through the Download and then do another immediate full Speed Test to get the 4G+ Carrier Aggregation to kick in at full speed.

EE are are actively ripping out all Huawei Equipment at the Masts, and  I'm not convinced the above 5G situation is being help with the change of Setup or working Settings of the new Equipment being installed, ie, Nokia. Samsung or Ericsson or whatever choice of Replacement Equipment and Antennas are being chosen for each Mast Site.

@James_B

Hi James,

Yes it does show problems in my area and has been for about 3 months. I had a few texts to say it was sorted but it still isn't I'm afraid. Can you provide any more information... Region is M12 (Manchester)

To add to the discussion, now that i have a Three sim inside the CPE PRO 2. My DL ranges between 400-600.

If I'm honest, I was happy with the speeds EE were giving me initially which was only 100mbps its just the constant disconnections that really bugged me, more so because i have video doorbells and thermostats that rely on the WiFi. Maybe EE will fix this before my contract is up but I still think I'm owed a little compensation from them for the poor service i get. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KamH,

Our technical support team will be happy to take a detailed look at the problem in your area if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

You're a genius man.... I followed the steps and it worked perfectly...

Thanks a tonne mate...

It fixed my issue however the speed reduced to 55Mbps with the new APN settings. 

Is there a way to increase the speed?

The speed with the default APN was 300 Mbps