cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Speeds Plummeted

littlepace1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I posted on this forum a few months ago about my speeds dropping dramatically since I had first bought the contract. At the time i found that simply restarting the router had reset my speeds. But now gradually over the past 3-4 months my average speeds have plummeted. I was averaging between 50-90down in the first two weeks of the contract and now I'm normally between10-30. I'm getting 1000+ ping spikes every 30 seconds (i had ZERO issues with ping in the first few months of contract) and i seem to be getting seriously throttled whenever I try and download something. I've been trying to download a couple of games overnight and whilst the download starts at an OK 25-30Mbps download speed, within an hour the speed has plummeted to 6-12Mbps download. If i reset the router it will increase back up but after a while it will return to those low numbers. My 4G SIM plan is an unlimited MAX plan with no apparent data/speed cap. 

I understand about traffic and peak hours. But there's no way 4am on a weekday is considered anything close to peak hours. Yet i am getting horrific speeds. When i first got the contract i was managing to get in the high 70/80s even during peak evening hours. How can it be possible for the service to tank THAT hard THAT quickly? I don't get it. I tried to submit a report but 3 times later it keeps telling me there is an error with the report system (big shock)

So i'm back here asking for help instead.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @littlepace1,

Reporting a problem via the Network Status Checker is the best way to get this looked into.

What is the full error message you see?

James

Just tried it again. I put in all my details.

This is what I get:

Sorry, something went wrong

We are unable to submit the form. Please try again later.

James_B

Hi @littlepace1,

I've just tested reporting a problem and was able to successfully submit the form.

Could you please try a different web browser and let me know if you see the same issue?

Thanks

James

I've tried on 2 different browsers now. Still not letting me send through the report.

James_B

I'm sorry it's not working for you @littlepace1 

If you get in touch with technical support they'll be happy to take a look at it for you.

James