cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new ee fiber 500 and smart hub

GrahaqmP
Investigator
Investigator

i have had EE in the house now for 2 weeks and all is working great, till this morning that is, 

i was meant to work from home as i work in IT for the NHS, i connected my laptop up to the network via LAN and noting, tried  wifi and put in the wifi key and it connects with out internet, i even tried to tether my to my EE mobile and has exactly the same issue.
my home pc and home laptop are connecting just fine as usual.

this is the first time ive tried to use my works laptop from home since having EE installed, we were on talktalk before and the works laptop worked with out issues, so i know its EE.
i know its the EE and router as the router sees the LAN and wifi connections and IP address its been issued but i am unable to ping from desktop to works laptop, from the works laptop i can ping the router but nothing else.

i will have to call tech support this evening.

4 REPLIES 4
maw2be
Investigator
Investigator

I have similar issue. I can use wifi but can't connect from wifi to any ethernet device. It's start when I set wifi controls on ee app. it's looks like there is a bug (not first one on ee app) that changing some settings on hub and now blocking access to ethernet from wifi. only solution is to restart hub, but after 5-10 minutes connection is again blocked

from my personal laptop and desktop and servers all ping and shared data is accessible, its just the works laptop that doesn't get access to anything including inter when connected via wifi or lan.

looks like i will be spending this evening on the phone with EECS

check your connection for wifi if using IPv4 as many companies not allowing IPv6

I thought same so turned it off so just had ipv4, that should have no issue with the lan side thou as that connects with ipv4