cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE broadband

EllieW1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’m trying to link my broadband on the app but when it asks for my billing account number, I’m putting in my account number on the card I get my bills taken from however it says it’s incorrect… we’ve had this EE broadband for a year now but just wanted to change a few things hence why I’m linking it up to manage my account but its not letting me… I don’t have a landline (yes I’ve tried my mobile number that is linked but doesn’t work). I don’t know what else to try. Any ideas?  

29 REPLIES 29

It’s a 5G EE router sorry… does this change what I’ve been doing? This might explain why it’s not working. Sorry I’m not very clever at these sort of things, I just assumed it was a broadband…. What mobile number are you relating to? The only phone number that is connected to my router is my mobile number and it’s not the one that is pictured on an above reply. 
many thanks

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It does indeed I believe lol, and no need to apologise lol.
With the 5GEE router there would have been a sim card installed in it during the setup. Thats the number you need to type in under link a mobile to the account 👌

Eddy

@EllieW1 wrote:

it’s just when I connect to the EE 5GEE rota. 

Ah, there's your answer! You don't have fixed BB but a mobile router which contains a mobile SIM. What I said about parental controls before applies only to fixed BB. Mobile SIMs can have Content Lock applied. 

You don't use an a/c no. to link a mobile router. It counts as a mobile, not Broadband, for which you just link its SIM's mobile no. The mobile no. you see in your 2nd image is the mobile no. of your mobile router & it will need Content Unlocking.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Oh this would make sense! Where do I find the SIM card or it’s number? Is it in the router itself, if so I’ll have a look in the morning! 
Thank you for being so helpful and patient with me 😄 

Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see your data & credit status as well as its mobile no. at the top.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

lol no worries 😉
do you still have the packaging by any chance? 
if you do the SIM card would have come in a little packet with the mobile number included. 

If nit then you can get while connected to the WiFi through the settings, 

Open a web browser/safari and type 192.168.1.1, this should open up the EE hubs settings. 

The user name is normally admin (all lower case) and the password should be on the bottom of the router 👌

when logged into the router you should be able to see messages and there you should find your mobile number, If not you should be able to send a message to yourself (your normal mobile) thus giving you your router number to type in and link you tour account via add mobile to account 👌

hope this helps 👌 

Eddy

@Eddy2760 : Most EE mobile routers do not allow you to send texts directly out unless you are replying to an incoming text.

Hi, yes I’ve managed to get my number now that’s all fine. I went onto try and unlock the content but it’s now telling me my bank details are wrong. I might just have to go into a store and get them to do it because I don’t know what’s wrong with it… 
Unless you have any more ideas… 

many thanks 

IMG_5260.png

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

lol erm…

The account you’re inputting, is it a joint account ? If so have you tried your partners details etc as earlier you said “we’ve had this broadband for a year”. 

Eddy
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Also apologies I can’t see any pictures on my end lol it’s just coming up as blanks lol 😂 

Eddy