cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE broadband

EllieW1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I’m trying to link my broadband on the app but when it asks for my billing account number, I’m putting in my account number on the card I get my bills taken from however it says it’s incorrect… we’ve had this EE broadband for a year now but just wanted to change a few things hence why I’m linking it up to manage my account but its not letting me… I don’t have a landline (yes I’ve tried my mobile number that is linked but doesn’t work). I don’t know what else to try. Any ideas?  

29 REPLIES 29
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EllieW1 : Have you not looked at your BB bills all year? Your BB a/c no. is at the top of them.

What is it you want to change? There's not much you can change of your BB in it, other then the billing method.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The bills come out of our account perfectly fine each month so didn’t think there was any need to look into it every month. we want to change our privacy settings because for some reason -only just noticed whilst trying to book a tattoo- it’s got child protection on it and want to take it off that’s all, just annoying.  We’ve got our BB account number but that’s not what it’s asking for. It’s asking for our billing account number but for some reason it’s says there’s an error… not too sure as to why because on our bill it says the account number and obvs I know my debit card account number but it’s just not playing ball… 

many thanks for the reply

Your BB a/c no. is your billing a/c no for your BB & separate from any bank card nos.

There are no parental controls on BB but did you install Norton Family when you got your BB? It's that on your devices that will control any child protection.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hey 👋 

If you log into your online account on the EE website, tap the 3 lines top left and select home, then select Bill and Payments, then select see your broadband bill… your account number will be there 👌 

hope this helps 👌

Eddy

I’ve tried the a/c number as my billing number but it still doesn’t work. If there’s no parental control then I don’t understand as to why it comes up with this -see attached image below-  by the way that isn’t my phone number and when I try to change it to mine it just says that my number is invalid. I’m really confused as to all of this. I haven’t got parental lock on anything else. If I turn my WiFi off and use my 5G data on my phone it works perfectly fine it’s just when I connect to the EE 5GEE rota. 
many thanks 

IMG_5258.png

IMG_5259.png

Hi, I’ve had a look at what you’ve said but I can’t see my bill payments as I haven’t linked up any devices yet on the app. I have a 5GEE EE rota that I’m trying to link up to manage it but I’m having trouble with my ‘billing account number’. 
many thanks for the reply 

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Have you registered for any online account with Ee via their website? 

www.ee.co.uk 

if not I would suggest signing up

for an account and then logging in on your app with the account you just set up online 👌

Eddy

Hi, yes I have signed up an account but I haven’t linked my 5GEE rota on to my account. My mobile phone is not with EE I don’t haven’t anything with EE apart from this BB so all I need to do is put the BB onto my account to see my bills and payments and to manage it but it’s not letting me. My account hasn’t got anything on it, all it has is links to purchase other items or a link to link my BB to my account if that makes any sense. 
many thanks 

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Just to be clear, Is it normal broadband/fiber you have or is it the 5G EE router you have set up? 

If it’s the 5G router, the mobile number you tried earlier… is it the number that’s installed in the 5G router? 

Eddy