cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling speeds on WiFi midi

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
  • So last August I was talked into entering a contract for a 4g Wifi midi due to not being able to get fibre where I live. This contract was for 2 years at a ridiculous cost of £28 pm (it is now only £14pm!) I was told that I would get a maximum of 10mbps which initially I was happy with as I only stream on one device. Since then I have had nothing but trouble with speeds constantly phoning both customer services, tech dept and even store visits. All of them were extremely unhelpful and to this day still not getting anywhere near the speeds they promised and now resorted to watching terrestrial tv and stuck in a 2 year contract that I cannot get out of unless I pay over £500 at an extortionate cost of £28om for pure rubbish. I write this to warn others about entering a contract for this midi garbage along with the poor customer services, unhelpful tech advice that doesn't work plus the chap in the shop who suggested I take out the battery and reinsert it!!!!!!! ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, GO ELSEWHERE
15 REPLIES 15
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
????????
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil071,

If you select the check coverage option at coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee, what does it report for the predicted indoor 4G coverage?

James

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Quite clearly you are alot more savvy than me but my postcode is ch47 8xx
and do not have a clue about what they mean device? Is it the rubbish I am
using ie the 4g midi thing or is household device???????
James_B

Hi @Phil071,

That area is reporting excellent indoor coverage. Please use the report a problem button that pops up after checking the network status at coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee.

This will raise a support ticket with our network team who'll investigate and keep you updated.

Select EE 4GEE Mini as the device.

Thanks

James

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes I will do but rather than that I often telephone them (based in Dublin)
as cuts out all the ticket fiasco. Having spoke to them on numerous
occasions it appears they have no ideas to resolve my issues so although
you are trying to help am afraid I am passed that stage that you are
suggesting
James_B

Please let us know what response you receive after raising a ticket @Phil071 

Hopefully the team will be able to get to the bottom of it.

James