cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling speeds on WiFi midi

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
  • So last August I was talked into entering a contract for a 4g Wifi midi due to not being able to get fibre where I live. This contract was for 2 years at a ridiculous cost of £28 pm (it is now only £14pm!) I was told that I would get a maximum of 10mbps which initially I was happy with as I only stream on one device. Since then I have had nothing but trouble with speeds constantly phoning both customer services, tech dept and even store visits. All of them were extremely unhelpful and to this day still not getting anywhere near the speeds they promised and now resorted to watching terrestrial tv and stuck in a 2 year contract that I cannot get out of unless I pay over £500 at an extortionate cost of £28om for pure rubbish. I write this to warn others about entering a contract for this midi garbage along with the poor customer services, unhelpful tech advice that doesn't work plus the chap in the shop who suggested I take out the battery and reinsert it!!!!!!! ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, GO ELSEWHERE
15 REPLIES 15
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Phil071

Welcome back the community. 

When was your last call to our technical care team?

Are you aware if your area was checked for any known issues?

Katie

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Few days ago and no issues. Got told the usual restart and should be fine but that's not the point as its happening all the time, totally frustrated and paying for something that is clearly rubbish 

James_B

Hi @Phil071,

What does the Network Status Checker report for your location? (Select the check status option)

James

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Phil071   Mine works perfectly and I have no issues.      As for the £14 per month is your tariff only 5Gb of data per month because that’s when you get for £14.   

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It says no issues as it always does!
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Glad yours is okay mine isn't!
James_B

Have you had better speeds before, or has it always been the same @Phil071?

James

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Very hit and miss despite moving device around. Basically just about to be
able to wfh on my laptop but still dropping out constantly but cannot
stream anything
James_B

What does the check coverage option report @Phil071?

James