cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad broadband

AnnaSo
Investigator
Investigator

Good evening! I have a question. I have EE mobile broadband but I came to Ukraine for some days(sure I have Ukrainian number and tried to use mobile data from Ukrainian SIM card ), but today I received message from “1024” like : “From EE: To access the internet you'll need to buy one of our Roaming Data add-ons so you'll always know what you're spending. There are different options depending how much you want to use the internet. To buy click here for free http://add-on.ee.co.uk/text or to buy by text, reply TEXT for options”,. I don’t figure out what’s going on because I literally using my mobile data from Ukrainian number and why I received this text? Because I can’t just call from Ukraine to EE and check everything because I’m in roaming plan and this is so expensive to call them and they doesn’t have online text help ( why?). Maybe somebody can help me to understand what is going on and what I should do . Maybe you know if they have online assistant. Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @AnnaSo

Do you have your EE mobile broadband with you in Ukraine?

If yes, is it possible your phone with your SIM to use in Ukraine is connecting to the mobile broadband?

Katie

I have 2 SIMCard s - Ukrainian and EE; and I don’t know how to connect to EE from Ukraine and ask them what’s going on, because they don’t have text messages ( only useless calls in my situation)

Katie_B

Hi @AnnaSo

Do you have your mobile broadband device with you?

Is the SIM inside your device an EE SIM?

Katie

Yes, Ukrainian is ESim, EE physical and both in my broadband device 

Katie_B

Have you tried taking out your EE Physical SIM @AnnaSo?

I believe the SIM will be trying to connect to your local network. 

Katie

I need SIM card in my phone anyway - and this is not solution 

Katie_B

If you need to use your EE SIM, you can find information on using your SIM abroad in Ukraine HERE, you will also be able to view all available add-ons @AnnaSo

Should you wish to speak with our customer care team Live Chat can be found in the EE app under 'Help'.

Katie

I can’t  find help online like help assistant 

Katie_B

Do you have access to the EE app on your mobile @AnnaSo?

Katie