Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced "Change your 5GEE Router Wifi SSID and Password" otherwise no internet

Kristinai
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I am having a problem with our 5GEE router.

Last week the internet stopped working and the message "change your 5GEE Router Wifi SSIS and Password" so I followed the instructions, the message went away and we got our internet back.

Today the same message has popped up - but this time even though I have changed the name and password 3 times each time I reconnect after changing it there is no difference - the message is still there and we dont have internet access.

Have restarted the router a few times

Getting desparate now as a few of us wfh and we need this sorted

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 20.26.42.png

Thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are you still able to login into the Admin Area and view your settings?

Hi EssexBoyEE,

thanks for replying

yes I am able to go in and make changes

OK, after login go to Status Page then Internet.

About a few lines down there should be something like Connected, click to disconnect wait about 10 seconds then click on Connect. 

No joy unfortunately 

When I arrived on the status page it already read “disconnected”

When I click ‘connect’ it just says “Connecting…” but nothing happens 

Can you send me or post up a Screenshot of the Status Page (the whole Page, to include the Signal Info) , delete any personal info like phone number or IMEI if not, just PM it to me. 

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 23.38.29.png

OK, need to wait now for the pic to be approved by a Mod or Admin. 

While we are waiting for Pic approval, if it stated Disconnected, hit Connect, wait around 10 seconds, then do a Hard Reboot (hard means doing a Power Button or Unplug then Power Back On). 

Is there a Profile page? May we see it?

Is it on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)