cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbled Text Messages on Smart 4G Hub

MuppetBunsen
Explorer

I've received nine identical garbled text messages on my Smart 4G hub today, as shown below. Always the same 4 lines of gobbledygoolk. Does anyone know what these are? Has anyone else had the same (or similar)? Thanks in advance .

@øÆpäΩaFpiùd(Δf6mféΓcÅ

7PbÖjFfΛ@

%&4@0K"EZ@0YJ 2edM#ΨL 2iÖæ¥ΦoÄ:r¡ΣK&nÆ: D%cF

@C@Ω$t8@£VÑΔΠò8 ¡(@ì"#GÅÆæ/Ü4k6.ΣΘ/Z5 7lKΘ3ü 

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @MuppetBunsen

Does your Smart Hub continue working as it should after getting these messages?

Katie

Hi @Katie_B 

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my query. The short answer is, I'm not quite sure as it's new to me. BT advised me to have an EE Smart Hub at the end of my 2 yr BT contract (16th March), sent it to me and told me to set it up and test it. It's not had any more 'text messages' after that splurge on 14th March, Strangely enought all 9 were messages were supposedly sent at the time (at least they al hade the same time-stamp). For the last two days the Aqua light has been showing uninterrupted.

Thanks. M.B.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Who or what no. is given as the sender?

Mobile routers can receive ordinary SMS texts but not MMS (Picture Msgs). It's quite likely someone has sent you an MMS & it will come out as gobbledegook.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)