cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5gee router issue

andc
Investigator
Investigator

i have two ee 5gee routers at different locations and both have the same problem - when connected they are fine (better than fine in fact with speeds way in excess of anything I could get from my fibre connection) but they need resetting at least once a day - on one site at least once every couple of hours. Coverage checker tells me that they should both work well indoors and out which is true when they do work, but I can go from 200Mbps download/50Mbps upload to absolutely nothing in an instant. Is this a known issue with this type of router?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andc 

Welcome to the community.

I recommend speaking to our Technical Support team so they can run through some tests with you.

Chris

I recommend having a customer support team.

The reason I came onto this forum was because I have had no joy in speaking to anyone on "customer support", despite calling every day for about a month.  I cannot stay on hold for hours waiting every time i call, I have two business to run and a life. I suggest you go and help man the help line and stop monitoring the emails and replying with useless links!

James_B

Hi @andc,

I'm sorry to hear there has been a call queue when you've tried to contact our Technical Support Team.

Have you tried calling at a different time of day?

James

Of course - different days, different times and always the same outcome - ages on hold and eventually something else crops up so i have to hang up. This is the closest I have got to support to date and it's not really helping - can you look into it from your end? Looking at other posts it looks like the same thing is happening to loads of people so you must know that there's an inherent problem with the routers by now - the question is, is there a solution?????

James_B

Hi @andc,

Sorry, we can't access your account via the community forum to run the necessary diagnostics. Our Technical Support Team are best placed to help you with this.

James

So it's back to the phone line and constant holding then?

Thanks for nothing.