cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5gEE mobile router with another provider

DazzaH66
Explorer

Hi team,

Can I use the 5gEE mobile router (QTAD52E) with another non-EE SIM? If does anyone who unlock the router bein dedicated to EE?

25 REPLIES 25

I don't use an ee sim, I use a network sim in Vietnam that can only use 4g while ee supports the 5g band and my friend said I have to contact ee to unlock the band for it. thanks

I'm in Vietnam and using a SIM in Vietnam, but the manufacturer blocks the 5G band and can only use 4G, which feels very bad.

I want it unlocked internationally so I can use 5G network, please help, thank you

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @johnynguyen 

If another network SIM works in the device this is unlocked for all networks.  

Leanne. 

lWhy can't I use the 5G network? My device is still blocked by the manufacturer from blocking the 5g band. My friend has one and contacted ee and the device was unlocked and could use the 5g network.

Christopher_G

Hi @johnynguyen 

We can't unlock different bands on the device. Those are pre-set by the manufacturer.

Chris

johnynguyen
Contributor
Contributor

My friend asked ee to unlock it and she received a gmail like this. EE UK's code has unlocked the entire 5G band, which band will be available for your device as follows: LTE B?: B1/3/5/7 /8/20 /28/ 38/39/ 40/ 41 /42 5G Sub6 B? : N1/3/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/ 41/77/ 78 5G mmWave B ?: N257 /258, please factory reset your device and check the logs Update date to complete. We're sorry for 5GEE because we don't allow UK bands to participate.

FE976286-E383-4E0E-A8FC-F1007C345D62.jpeg

My friend contacted ee+448000798586 and ee opened it. I can't call this number, I need your help

Katie_B

Hi @johnynguyen

If you are needing to discuss this further and unable to call the number provided, I'd recommend asking your friend to get back in touch. 

Different bands on the device can't be unlocked. 

Katie