cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE Wifi router keeps disconnecting from internet

emeralddude69
Contributor
Contributor

Posted before but didn't get any answers.

I have the 4GEE home router connected to a 4G antenna to the roof that's omni directional. It's been fine for the past year but recently I keep getting internet disconnections on Wifi and LAN even as the router reports it's still connected to the internet. I've checked the service in my area and there are no reports of issues.

Every day now the internet will just drop randomly for a 1-2 minutes and come back, despite the antenna being omni directional and pointed at the tower. the consistency I used to have is just gone.See Below my signal statistics reported by the router:

Network type:4G 
RSRP:-75 dBm 
RSSI:-39 dBm 
Band:3 

Despite ideal conditions I'm still getting drops despite the router saying it's still connected to the internet and I will lose my work progress and pages will just stop loading randomly.
I've tested with various devices with a Desktop PC connected on LAN and Wifi Devices all will have dropped internet connections at the same time when it goes even as they stay connected on LAN and Wifi.

My guess is there is an issue at the tower still or it might be the device itself getting stuck randomly.

Edit:
Tested with Internal and external antenna as well. Either case the connection to the internet will still randomly drop.

When running a ping test when it happens, pings will time out.

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @emeralddude69 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

This will need to be looked into for you, please get in touch with our tech gurus they will be happy to help you further. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Needle
Investigator
Investigator

I have had the same problem too! Everyday it drops out multiple times on every device but the lights on the router are all green! It’s extremely annoying and disruptive! I’m going to have to call I think as google has given me zero answers! 

Hi Leanne,

I've already got in touch and doing speed tests.

I was just wondering if there were any existing solutions or people with similar issues and how they solved them.

Leanne_T

Thanks for reporting this @emeralddude69 

Hope this is sorted soon for you. 

Please get in touch @Needle and the team will run some troubleshooting with you to get this looked into. 

Leanne.

So I was on the phone for over an hour with two tech supports this morning, very friendly and helpful people. The test eventually was to see what had the issue, the router or the sim in the router. So they asked me to swap my phone sim into the router and the router sim into my phone. The sim from my phone gave perfect Wi-Fi no dropping out nothing, as soon as I swapped it back…crap ha. So he said both possible issues are rare but aim to router compatibility may have gone awry. I’m off to EE for a new sim and if that fails take both the router and the sim in to get looked at. 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Needle 

Keep us updated if you can 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Needle

Appreciate your input, I don't have an unlocked phone to test this unfortunately, but I'll try to find the time to bring in a store.

Oddly enough though since I first posted this I had a solid week of good service, no drops. But it's recently come back.

BelovedxWarrior
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Had the same problem for 7 months and my partner needs to do work from home.. It's a nightmare. EE don't seem to care.. they still take my money every month !! My contract doesn't end until November.. Once it does I'm going else where. 

Katie_B

Hi @BelovedxWarrior

What was advised on your last call to our technical care team?

Did the team escalate this for you?

Katie