cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE WiFi Mini top up

Can4
Visitor

It is proving to be impossible to top up my 4GEE WiFi Mini! Have attempted multiple times from devices connected to the WiFi but most devices will not even take me to the top up page due to security concerns about the websites certificate. When I have reached the necessary page and input the mobile number associated with the WiFi Mini, I receive an error message regarding an incorrect captcha. However, no captcha was on the page and there aren't any blocked pop-ups. I tried calling and using the automated top up service but just as I thought it was finished, my call was transferred to a section of the business to verify my address. Of course, this section of the business was closed for the day. I have gone through quite a number of similar requests and experiences captured on the community pages and have followed the links and advise provided but continuously experience the same blocks. I have spent a number of hours on this and am now very frustrated as it should not be this time-consuming and difficult to top up anything. I was considering moving all of our services to EE, but after this debacle, that consideration is completely voided. How do I go about topping up this WiFi Mini??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How are you trying to top-up? Which top-up page are you using?

Try using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How are you trying to top-up? Which top-up page are you using?

Try using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
John_1977
Investigator
Investigator

Not very helpful if the mobile number has "some error occurred message". I bought a monthly 4GEE mini for travelling to Europe, and was told I could cancel and spin-up a pay-as-you go at any time. Which has not been the case. ;(

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @John_1977

When was the last time you used your 4GEE WiFi?

Katie

@John_1977 : How long is the monthly 4GEE mini contract?

John_1977
Investigator
Investigator

May two or even three years ago.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @John_1977

If you have not used this for two/three years and it was pay as you go this will have been disconnected. 

More information on EE pay as you go hibernation can be found HERE

Katie

Not very helpful I have a 4GEE wifi mini that I need to reactivate, this article is NOT relevant. So, is it possible to reactivate an a 2 yr old 4GEE wifi mini hub?

All the best,

xxxx xxxxxxx
E: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M: xxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

It's not the 4GEE wifi mini that's been deactivated but its SIM. Ans: Buy another SIM.