cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE Mini WIFI Not Connecting to internet

AvianDance
Visitor

We've had a 4GEE mini WiFi box for about 6 months now, last week it randomly stopped connecting to the internet. We've tried resetting it and taking the battery and SIM card out and reinserting, but no joy. When we go onto http://192.168.1.1 it shows as not connected to the network, but doesn't advise why. Just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem. EE phones get full signal where we are, and up until a week or so ago we had very good internet signal.

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AvianDance

Welcome to the community.

Could you try using one of your other EE SIM cards in the 4GEE WiFi device please? Just to see if it connects?

Chris

Hi there

We also have this problem - have just bought a 4GEE WIFI mini and inserted EE data sim which is unlimited.  Can connect to it but no internet and says no service although I know there is 4G available as have BT phone that uses same network.

Help!

Christopher_G

Hi @KSC2

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried resetting the router? If not, does that make a difference?

Chris

Thank you Chris

Yes I have - I've tried resetting with sim in and out of device.  I'm talking to EE technical dept. but they haven't been able to solve yet.

I've tried in various parts of the garden and in the house in case signal playing up but the EE data sim works fine when tested in my phone so signal doesn't seem to be the issue.

I'm out of ideas 😞

K

Christopher_G

OK thanks for the update, @AvianDance.

I'd recommend continuing to speak to our technical support team so they can continue with the troubleshooting with you.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of the problem.

Chris

This has been like this with mine it started 4months ago and still not working ee know about it and told me there would be a fix in june but it still not working!!!!!!

Jobee1
Visitor

I've been having this problem with my mini wifi mobile EE device for 6 months now.  When I finally got through to Tier 2 technical support they said it was a 'known issue' and that EE was working on it (they gave me £50 credit to my account) - that was 2 months ago.

The problem still hasn't been fixed.  I've just spoken to a really nice Irish guy on Technical support who tried everything again and then admitted it was a 'known issue'....

He gave me 20 Gigs of data so that we could check everything out - Still 'No Internet Connection' despite the device saying full wifi connectivity.  The technical support advisor said 'best thing you can do is buy a new device.....

melangell
Visitor

Yes, I have the same problem, have been battling with it for over a year now, from new, have not succeeded in connecting to the internet at all, ever, though the data works fine when the sim is in my phone!  Would welcome a solution.  I suspect it needs phone and data access.  Have ordered another SIM to see if my theory is correct.

D_Parsons
Explorer

My Mini Wifi has gone on the blink over the last couple of weeks - says 'internet not available'.  It sorted itself out for a couple of days but has reverted again 😞

I've just tried contacting the support number but have been listening to hold music for 25 minutes & gave up waiting 😞

I've tried taking the SIM card out, turning the device off & on but to no avail.

Not sure what else I can do.