Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Game Pass Stopped Working

Jakeevans2022
Investigator
Investigator

This happened back in August. 

My game pass randomly stopped working and it was telling me to purchase game pass with every game I tried to download.

I got in touch with EE who said it's a problem on Xbox' side, I spoke with Xbox who raised a ticket for me and provided me a free months game pass ultimate.

The month has elapsed now and it's happened again.

To be clear, I have used this since June with no problems other than this, I seem to be in a forever ending loop of contacting EE and contacting Microsoft and back and forth.

I'm paying an extra £21 per month for this bundle and I've been unable to use properly since August. 

Microsoft are now telling me that EE never paid the subscription from August which is why my subscription is no longer active. I have not missed any payments for bills and my bills have always been paid by the due date at minimum.

**bleep**ed is an understatement, if this was the other way round we would be getting hounded with calls and messages about our account being in arrears.

39 REPLIES 39
Andrew2812
Explorer

This still seems to be a constant issue! It was hard enough to get it set up in the first place. EE what are you doing to fix this and what are you doing to compensate your customers? I already have a screenshot from my Microsoft account proving that you haven’t paid them for the subscription? Get it fixed! I also expect you to compensate me for this? Why do I pay this much money for a contract with you where I could get the exact same minutes/texts/data with Three for £14 a month since realistically you aren’t fulfilling the rest of the contract! It’s ridiculous! Fuming is an understatement! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andrew2812 

I'm really sorry to hear that you have a problem with your Game Pass. If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to check your account for you and look into this further.

Chris

Captainbeard22
Visitor

This is currently happening to me. EE have no interest in sorting this out as it's a "Xbox live" problem. But by the sounds of your post it's on their side with their renewing subscriptions. 

I've just cancelled my direct debits until they resolve this issue. 

Katie_B

Hi @Captainbeard22

Have you been able to speak with our customer care team on 150? if yes, what was advised?

Speak soon, 

Katie

MaR86UK
Explorer

Hi. I just noticed this issue myself. Phoned 150 and spoke to someone in device tech support (Mobile phone) and they removed Gamepass from my inclusive extras and then added it back on to my account. This then meant I got the activation link and now all back up and running within 20 minutes. Let’s hope it was a one off! Had no issues for 18 months up to this point! 

Mo1ponty
Investigator
Investigator

I am having the same issue right now. Paying £27 a month for a xbox and game pass bit it is asking me to buy a new game pass.

How was this fixed for you?

Phone 150 and speak to technical support. Mine is a smart benefit on my mobile phone contract and the person I spoke to removed it and then added it back and it worked for me. 

After spending a bit of time on the phone to 150 I finally managed to get it sorted out and it’s not failed since but we shall see how it goes!

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Fluffiezombie
Visitor

Hi,

I've had this issue since March-24.

I renewed my contract with EE, and was given a 12 month Ultimate PC Game pass subscription.

No late payments or issue processing payments.

Then it expired on the 3rd March with Microsoft declaring that it was a "None - charge failed" payment.

I did contact EE and was told that Xbox were allegedly updating something on their side. However that was two weeks ago from the date of this post and I have not had anyone contact me since regarding this.

Quite annoyed with this as I regularly use the Gamepass and one of my main reasons for staying with EE was the offer of a Gamepass for a year which is about £100 saving for me.

James_B

Hi @Fluffiezombie,

I'm sorry to hear your subscription hasn't been reactivated yet.

Please get back in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take another look at this for you.

Thanks

James