Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Game Pass Stopped Working

Jakeevans2022
Investigator
Investigator

This happened back in August. 

My game pass randomly stopped working and it was telling me to purchase game pass with every game I tried to download.

I got in touch with EE who said it's a problem on Xbox' side, I spoke with Xbox who raised a ticket for me and provided me a free months game pass ultimate.

The month has elapsed now and it's happened again.

To be clear, I have used this since June with no problems other than this, I seem to be in a forever ending loop of contacting EE and contacting Microsoft and back and forth.

I'm paying an extra £21 per month for this bundle and I've been unable to use properly since August. 

Microsoft are now telling me that EE never paid the subscription from August which is why my subscription is no longer active. I have not missed any payments for bills and my bills have always been paid by the due date at minimum.

**bleep**ed is an understatement, if this was the other way round we would be getting hounded with calls and messages about our account being in arrears.

39 REPLIES 39
Dj4man
Investigator
Investigator

Surprise surprise, mine is doing the same now. I should have it until January 9th 2024, but it's now not working.

So I guess it'll be hours of endless phonecalls to and fro to get it sorted.

Not missed any EE payments in 7 years since being with them. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dj4man 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, is the Game Pass add-on still showing in your My EE account within add-ons? 

Leanne.

Screenshot_20230618_180828.jpg

 Hi @Leanne_T,

Yes it is still showing under my add ons in my account. 

Thanks, 

Dan. 

James_B

What happens when you try to use your game pass @Dj4man?

James

It comes up with an error message saying I need to renew my subscription. The games initially start to load then just goes back to my Home screen then the above message shows up.

Dan

James_B

Hi @Dj4man,

Please can you logout of your Microsoft account and back in on your Xbox. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can make sure everything is setup correctly on your EE account.

Thanks

James

Hferris7794-
Visitor

This has happened to me too?

How can I contact to get this issue resolved? Everything I call 150 it doesn't give me the add ons option for tech support

Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @Hferris7794- 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have the Game Pass showing in your EE app within add-ons? 

Leanne.

This happened to me aswell and the only way I got it resolved was calling them and speaking to customer service. But it honestly depends on who you get. The first person I had spoke to had put a charge on my account for the game pass. I hadn't realised until 3 months later. I eventually got someone who fixed the whole issue over the phone. But it took nearly a year to get it sorted 🙈

Leanne_T

Hi @eiresweg 

Thanks for sharing, I'm sorry to hear this happened when you called to get this looked into and you were charged for the Game Pass. 

Thanks for helping 🙂

Leanne.