cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the gift data option on app and online?

VA2023
Visitor

I’ve just changed plans, now I can’t seem to gift data. Both plans are gift data accessible. This has also coincided with the new app update. 
anyone got any ideas? I’ve asked for help but it’s not helped.

23 REPLIES 23

hi

i can not find the gift option on the home page , I have two lines one has zero data and other 5gb, wanted to gift but could not find any option! Appreciate if you direct . I tried on both app and ee online 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Siddiki 

Welcome to the community. 

Did you try @Katie_B's steps? Go to Plans & subscriptions > scroll down to Data Gifting (under 'Do more') > select 'Gift your data'.

Chris

frustrated4ee
Investigator
Investigator

Useless - Go to Plans & subscriptions > scroll down to Data Gifting (under 'Do more') > select 'Gift your data'. - redirects me to home page

@frustrated4ee  Make sure the app is up to date.   You then click  MANAGE select your number and then scroll down to gift data 

IMG_1352.jpeg 

The app has been updated since this post was created so its now different to what’s been posted on here,

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@frustrated4ee  or you can click plans & subscriptions>click mobile if relevant> scroll down to data gifting click it then select who’s gifting and receiving. 

Hi 

I have tried this route to gift data however it just takes me back to the Home Screen? 

frustrated4ee
Investigator
Investigator

Like LShaeD, I go back to home screen. Are you incompetent EE, or taking the mick ? I suspect both. #disgruntled

Can someone tell me, I have just upgraded my daughters plan. She is now on a no frills plan but I am on an unlimited plan. Does that mean I can no longer gift her data? Or is it just the gift data option isn’t working for me on either the app or online?? It’s very frustrating!! 

Katie_B

Good morning @frustrated4ee

Are you experiencing this still this morning?

Do you have the latest version of the app?

Katie

Katie_B

Hello @LShaeD

Sorry, it is not possible to gift data to a No Frills plan. If you wish to move to an eligible plan please give us a call on 150.

Katie