cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in for upgrade doesn't apply

merago
Investigator
Investigator

I've been trying to add a trade in to an upgrade (for. Samsung Galaxy S23), but regardless of which plan I choose, I get as far as selecting my trade in device and then get a message stating a discount has already been applied - I can't see which discount it is and I'm not PERK, friends and family member or anything along those lines.  Can't see from the T's and C's quite what I'm missing but I'm clearly missing something as it happens both in the app and on the website.  If I don't log in and treat it as a new contract, I can add trade in regardless of the plan type chosen.

If trade ins aren't available for upgrading users, why is mention of them plastered all over the page (and, indeed, on the top of the boxes for some of the plans)?

16 REPLIES 16

I've not applied any discount, it did it automatically when I went to upgrade - the screenshots above show the discount it says on the website at various points, saying that you can have whatever discount that is plus the trade in discount 

coadhall
Investigator
Investigator

I agree this looks like dodgy accounting, basically it tells me on the upgrade page that I can

• Save up to £336 on the 128GB variant, plus a further £336 when you trade in your eligible Samsung phone in any condition

But as the other writers have said, if you try and go for a trade in, you get the "oh no you don't we can't have people getting useful discounts despite what we have said".  Or in their speak "You currently have another discount applied.
You are not currently eligible for trade in as we have already applied another discount to your phone."

But we have not applied another discount, EE has..........

It would be like when I use my Blue Light Card at Asda, if an item has been reduced and I try and get my 10% BL discount, the till doesn't say, "Oh no you don't, I have already lowered that price, so I will reject your card", because it is acting in a right and proper manner.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Some discounts can't be used with others, @coadhall.

I would suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team @jomac1985 to see if this can be processed manually.

Chris

How do I contact the mobile care team please?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Our mobile care team can be contacted by calling 150 from your EE handset or 0800 079 8586 from any landline or provider @jomac1985

Katie

You're DEMONIC

I hate this company and staff are demonic in nature