cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Error on Website and App

devifenn
Investigator
Investigator

I get the following error message when trying to access certain areas of the website such as 'Shop':

Sorry, looks like a technical error
Please call us on <a href="tel:08009566000">0800 956 6000</a> and we’ll try to get things sorted.

It only occurs when I'm logged into my account but prevents me upgrading/adding new products. I've called ther number but there's no option for technical issues like this, no department I spoke to has been able to help.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to get it resolved?

32 REPLIES 32
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @devifenn 

You can turn off notifications for this thread in your community profile, settings, then subscriptions and notifications. 

If you get a chance to report your EE account in the future please try calling us again on 150. 

Leanne 🙂

Why do individuals need to raise tickets when this is a  known problem for many customers? It should be looked into by EE.

What a strange company.....

I just tried to upgrade my 4gee router on the app and got the same old technical error call us message 😂

i am having the exact same problem and your link to technical support only gives links to your EE products ... not your website... technical support from 3 different choices were all unable to give any help and just tried to pass me to another department ... a great advert for EE that they cannot even sort a website issue 

same problem no resolution !

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I have the very same error showing up on a website, and suspect, that this has something to do with 2 orders (which are in fact same order, that brought me to EE from BT and which is completed, showing as "pending"...

On top of it, now I have 200-400 Mbps speed to HUB instead of the guaranteed 1300 Mbps (1.6 Gbps package) and getting responses, as it might be something to do with the very same "pending" orders... Even, they exist 2+ months, and up to yesterday, my speed was top notch, no problem at all (and it's clear, as latest FW update of EE super hub Plus (2023) SH31B broken something.

Why on BT forum, MODs was able to access my account, and solve even most complicated and unusual problems, but on EE forum, any such "Moderator"(s) or "Support Team" always repeat again and again "please call 150" instead real help @Leanne_T  @Christopher_G ???

There is very serious need to learn how to deal with "Community" raised issues from Your colleagues at BT Customers Community Forum, which simply works...

Exactly this @SteveWalnut 

What's the point of hearing only "call 150 and raise a ticket" from @Leanne_T or @Christopher_G  again and again?

On BT Consumer forum, their colleagues were able to take a look, access my account, and solve even very complicated issues, but here on EE Community Forum, nothing like that is possible. They should learn from their BT part, how to do it..

slapt0p
Investigator
Investigator

9 weeks on and I'm solidly getting this same embarrassing error when looking to buy products.  Yep. The product selling function has no effective support. If that doesn't, what does?

I can't imagine why someone in BT/EE thinks dumping customers, context less, into an unconnected random menu landscape is anything but telling those customers that they aren't in the least valued.

Might as well just say, "oh go away".

Well guess what? I am going to do just that.

Two months of my contract left and I'm off to THREE.

At least they have support.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @slapt0p

Welcome back to the EE Community. 

I am so sorry to hear this.

Are you aware if our technical care team raised a ticket for this?

Katie

sigarner
Explorer

I’m also having the same problem, I keep getting encouraged to switch from BT to New EE but I can never get to view my personalised offers. I now remember why I left EE mobile, every time I tried to log in it just said “sorry, we can’t log you in but you can still look out our latest deals”. EE were happy enough to ring me yesterday to try and get me to come back as a new mobile customer, but could never fix or ever bother coming back to me whenever my account had an issue. O2 might be slower but has far better customer service! Think I’ll just stay with BT, least on those forums they can actually fix issues.