Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online upgrade not working

Kayleigh911
Investigator
Investigator

89 REPLIES 89

@BiancaH 

i had 3 online chats and some one from support ring me to try sort this issue and they never managed to.

i have found a better deal elsewhere so will be switching as find it shocking that they cant even sort a basic IT issue

@James_B  It takes me to a page for upgrading my phone, but its blank. What I would really like is to see upgrade sim only deals but cant get to them.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @trickstyle

Welcome back to the community. 

Are you using the My EE app or My EE online?

Katie 🙂

Hello,

I've been having the same issue since November. Whatever way I try and navigate to upgrade on the website, I reach the page that says 'What would you like to do?'. 'Shop' and 'Manage account' work fine, but 'Upgrade' does nothing. It is not selectable / clickable.

Used live chat yesterday with technical support, and after trying different browsers, clearing cookies and cache, and them doing something to my account, was finally told:

'I've checked with my resources and unfortunately, there is no solution to it as of now as it seems to be an issue with the website and needs to be investigated.'

Just upgraded. Logged into My EE on an Incognito tab (not sure whether the Incognito tab made a difference) , opened another Incognito tab, Googled 'ee upgrade' and clicked on the page entitled 'Landing | Upgrade - EE Shop' (https://shop.ee.co.uk/ee-upgrades).

Guess WHAT?!

It's not working for me either!!!! I've tried on my phone, laptop and a different laptop! 

I NEED to be on EE as best coverage for my area, and have been looking/trying for a few weeks now. RIDICULOUS!  I don't have time to be wasting on calls. Going to have to waste more time to actually find a shop to go into and find a human being to talk to.

James_B

Hi @AP507,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to upgrade online?

James

i get the page with the 3 options shop, upgrade and manage account. when i click on upgrade, nothing happens. ( exactly as happens on my phone )

James_B

Hi @AP507,

Have you tried the solution posted by @Amberbelk91 earlier in this conversation?

James

It works, but only online, not on my phone. and as i am about to be out all day, it isn't much use!