cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online upgrade area of website isn't working

PaulFjelrad
Investigator
Investigator

Come on EE, sort yourself out. MyEE is telling me I'm ok to upgrade my phone, I go to the website and it says "Hey PAUL, you can upgrade now or add another plan to your account on 07.......", I pick the phone and plan I want, press "Add to Basket" and it just takes me back to the beginning of the process again.

...and no, I'm not interested in calling 150. If I wanted to speak to an operator I wouldn't have been looking to do this online in the first place. Let me know when it's fixed EE. An important part of the service you offer is a working app and website. If that's not working then the service isn't as it should be and I'll move my contract to another provider who does provide the service properly.

5 REPLIES 5
PaulFjelrad
Investigator
Investigator

No it isn't an individual account issue. The upgrade section of the website isn't working. It says "Hey PAUL, you can upgrade now or add another plan to your account on 07xxxxxxx" and then you select the phone and plan you want and press "Add to Basket" and it just takes you back to the beginning of the process again. And calling 150 isn't the same. If we wanted to spend ages on the phone with an operator then we'd have done that in the first place. Fix it EE and acknowledge your service failing properly and stop trying to blame it on your customers.

PaulFjelrad
Investigator
Investigator

I can now add to this that when I select an iPhone 13 mini and a £0 upfront option then it doesn't work, but otherwise it does. I think your software testing needs sorting.

And no I have no interest in spending ages raising bug  reports for you. You should be doing that yourself.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I just successfully tried to upgrade and added a Pixel to the basket and it took me to the basket page ok, so it's not a problem for everyone.

It will sometimes work for particular combinations of phone and plan, but won't work with others. It's a software and/or data issue on their side. I can get it to work with phones and plans I don't want, but it won't work (as above) on the phone and plan combination I do want. I'm giving them a few days to fix this or I'll look into taking my phone contract elsewhere.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @PaulFjelrad

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening whilst you are trying to process your upgrade and I understand you do not wish to call. 

However, the best team to speak with would be our technical care team who will be ready to help get this sorted. The team also have the ability to raise tickets for this to be investigated further. 

Katie