cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate fingerpring login on NEW EE app???

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE just made me acccess a new app without carrying over any settings I have used for years. How do I activate fingerprint login for the app??? It is nowhere obvious!!

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@stephen5000 , the new app is being released on Friday, it is still in beta. Have you checked in settings, then log in settings, to see if it is available? 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It may still be in 'beta', but when I opened my app this afternoon that's what appeared. With respect, I have been using IT since the launch of Windows 3.1, I can assure you, the setting is nowhere to be found. They have either abandoned it (which I doubt), or hidden somewhere so that ordinary folk haven't a darn clue LOL

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @stephen5000 

Thanks for posting on the community. 

Could you try deleting the app and reinstalling this, when you are asked if you would like to set up a 4 digit PIN code please say yes to this option.

You will then be able to select how you would like to log in including fingerprint ID. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne 🙂

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
I should have posted an update. Yes, I experimented in registering a 4 digit PIN, something I have never done in a decade of using the EE app, and yes, once you have done that, you then get the option to request fingerprint login. Shame EE felt the need to 'hide' the option under this sub routine. May go someway to explain the in excess of a one hour telephone, 'help' queue as I'm sure many others are wondering why  basic options have been missed out on primary app settings...

@stephen5000 , thank you for coming back here and giving us an update, that you have been able to set up your fingerprint, this will help if others have the same problem.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hopefully on the next app update, they can insert the sentence on the PIN registering page, "registering a PIN will then allow you to activate fingerprint login"

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @stephen5000 

I will pass this feedback to the relevant team 🙂

Leanne.