cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Joke Trying To Set up a new PAYG account with EE, nothing works

SamsungDeviceUs
Investigator
Investigator

So last night I thought I had successfully set up a new phone with EE PAYG and a £10 monthly subscription pack. However despite successfully setting up a direct debit today the phone will not work for outgoing calls. I tried adding some credit again today, £5 worth but then it said this wasn't enough to 'activate' the subscription, I tried adding more but it kept being declined, however on checking my bank I can see that these payments were made, yet the balance never changed, I even used different debit cards.  

I have tried logging into the new account on the phone and on my computer but neither work, on the computer I ask for a new password, receive the code, enter it and then it just sends me back to the homepage. Same on the phone. So I downloaded the app, that also won't let me login, says something about not being able to load the data. So I phoned 150, keeps hanging up on me, when I eventually get an option to arrange a callback I try to describe the problem and they say they say they can't arrange the call back. It is a total nightmare - this phone was supposed to be a gift but it is unusable and EE keep sending me round in circles, unable to get subscription pack activated, unable to top up, unable to speak to anyone, unable to log in to the app, unable to login on computer. 

I am having to type this from my business EE account because the new one simply doesn't work anywhere. All I want is to be able to log in properly and use my new subscription pack but EE make it practically impossible. Basically ruined Christmas. Please advise.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @SamsungDeviceUs 

Could you try linking the account again today to see if this works for you? 

If you get the same message, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help you get set up 🙂

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SamsungDeviceUs : What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

You can't have a DD with PAYG. You musta set up a direct card payment.

Are these transactions at your bank still pending?

Is your business EE a/c for a contract? If so, you can't add a PAYG to it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for responding.

Verbatim response to AL:

Your current balance as of today 16.46 is £3.40. Your last top up was £5 on 25/12/2023 at 11.46 . For more info on your packs go to etc etc

The transactions are listed as pending, but one of them must have gone through or I wouldn't have had the £5 credit. One was reversed by EE.

Perhaps I meant direct card payment rather than direct debit, in any case I got the £10 per month sim which I thought was activated.

Still can't login anywhere or retrieve password to check account status.

My business account that I'm using to post here is completely separate to the new personal account, different email etc.

You don't have a pack cuz your £5 credit is not enough to buy your £10 pack.

Try using Fast Top-up online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks,  just tried topping up using that website and it said 'some errors have occurred' after submitting payment. I tried to give it another go using a different card but now the page won't even load properly, there is no longer a field to enter the card details. Thinking perhaps there was a cache problem I tried loading the page incognito and the page doesn't even load at all, just says 'error' 'we're unable to process your request'.  It feels like it is just all broken.

Ok I've managed to top up using someone else's phone and a completely different card. Amazingly difficult. The pack was activated but I still don't have access to an online account.

You've created an online MyEE a/c, haven't you, but you haven't linked the no. to it?

In your online MyEE: Home > Plans & Subs > Manage numbers > Add another number > Link EE mobile or SIM.

No I can't login to the account at all - I've just had to create a new one, I can actually log in to that one and I followed the steps to link a phone only to be greeted by this:

SamsungDeviceUs_0-1703530650610.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @SamsungDeviceUs 

Could you try linking the account again today to see if this works for you? 

If you get the same message, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help you get set up 🙂

Leanne. 

Thanks, that is working now - Christmas saved.